oconnorr401

oconnorr401

I have worked on the airport operator side of the industry for over 16 years doing work associated with parts 1542 and 139. I live with my wife, two kids and one dog in Northern VA about 10 miles west from KIAD - my home airport.

In IF, my logbook starts on 1/30/2016 so i’m approaching my 3rd year of flying in the sim. During my time in IF I’ve been an IFATC, and have enjoyed the privilege of maintaining a grade 4 or 5 sim rating. I’ve currently logged about 860 hours in the sim and I love flying VFR in tropical areas around the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. But, its still a treat to fly in controlled airspace’s - hats off to all IF controllers for bringing order to the pure madness that can occur around the sims popular fields.

Favorite aircraft in the sim is the TBM930. Hands down by far this is the best airplane in the sim, in my opinion. I hope the IF team can add to or improve the GA fleet in the coming years.

IF has inspired me to begin flight training, and my goal for 2019 is to achieve my private pilot certification and eventually move on to achieve my instrument and commercial ratings.