Hi guys,

I will open LFBD for training, if some of you would like to stop by,

I would like to focus on the following:

• crossing RWY ops
  • pattern integration
  • runway change
  • local flights
  • ground movement

Feel free to join for local flight or arrival / departures. And of course leave me a comment here after your flight for any improvement.

Cheers

Tim

1 Like

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the ATC.
Good instructions on pattern, right in time.
Three things I don’t understand:

• on my way taxing you asked me to contact tower, this is redundant; when giving permission to taxi you already instruct to contact tower when ready,
  • I missed your instruction to exit the runway when I was less than 70knots. It could have helped me to expect the taxiway right or left.
  • You asked me to hold position when I entered the taxiway. However it is advised never to stop after exiting the runway. If you had instructed me exit the runway you would also have instructed me to contact ground. Or you could have asked me to contact ground without the hold position.

Hope this makes sense, after all I’m a student too.

Please visit me when I’m opened and don’t spare me on your feedback ;-)

See you in the skies

Michiel PHMEL

Hello again PHMEL,

First of all, thanks a lot for the visit, it was a quiet shift.

Regarding your comments,

• That is completely true, it is redundant my call wasn’t necessary. Even though the first command of « …contact tower when ready » in the taxi clearance doesn’t make sense as in real life the frequency change always comes from the ATC.

• I didn’t feel like giving you instruction on exiting as there was no rush to exit as no other traffic were in the pattern. The parking spot you are going to is more of an ops/company decision rather than a tower decision, so it is more your choice (Pilot) than the ATC one. Though I would have used the command « either» if a traffic was on short final.

• You are 100% right, and to be honest on this one, my finger slipped on the command, the order would have been a contact GND frequency.

Thank you again.

Looking forward to your shift.

Cheers,

Tim

1 Like