Zone Restrictions in Global

Continuing on from the North Korea No Fly Zone request:

I am requesting for no fly zones to be added on Live with Global. It would be good if there is some sort of regularly updated database online that could be hooked up to Infinite Flight to determine where and when the zones have restrictions, like the live weather feature we already have. Personally, I think access to these regions in Solo should be allowed because we want to fly the whole globe, right?
Edit: Option to have restricted airspaces turned on in settings is a possibility.
OR
Recieve violations/not as much XP for entering the airspace (not engine cut)
OR
Aircraft restrictions (eg. Only military aircraft in Area 51)

7 Likes

Since global conflicts are not simulated in Infinite Flight, I think that no fly zones are not very important. And as I plus, I don’t think anyone would freely want to fly through North Korean airspace anyway.

10 Likes

What about other airspaces? Like military (Area 51).

1 Like

This is pointless and not really needed, what if someone wants to fly to there local airport but it’s in “restricted airspace” I don’t think FDS are going to single those people out just cause a couple of people want this.

7 Likes

Well, we do have military aircraft in Infinite Flight so I guess having a flight restriction on military airspace would make the military aircraft in the simulator sort of redundant.

1 Like

Before giving negative feedback, read. I said that access in solo could be allowed.

1 Like

Judging from the large number of arguments already happening in the North Korean post, not a good idea at all😂

2 Likes

I mean just places like Area 51, which is highly secured. Not KNUC because it’s not as important.

1 Like

so your saying they can’t fly on live because of where they live? Doesn’t sound very good to me and again I highly doubt FDS will operate in that manner.

Again not really fair.

It’s not negative feedback it’s my opinion and A few other people will also share it.

SOLUTION

When your flying if you know it’s restricted just plan your flight plan around it! Problem solved.

8 Likes

Or if you guys really don’t want to be realistic, there could be an option to have it on in settings.

1 Like

Hey, calm down. Instead of the exclamation marks and bold writing, have a discussion. I can change the feature to whatever the community thinks is best.

1 Like

Nice idea, but how would this work on Live?

1 Like

There could be an option in the Live tab. For people that want realism :-)

1 Like

I think is not necessary,we all here are to enjoy flying,we don’t care about real life facts,I’ll love to think that all the world is clean and happy,so no politics NO FLY ZONE,we are peace and love!share the love!

5 Likes

Yes, we all love flying and we all have to accept the fact that sometimes there are restrictions on airspaces in real life :-)
I thought Infinite Flight was all about realism? And realtime airspace restrictions could be a good Live feature.

1 Like

Yes,but we don’t care…we think positive 😜

And again, the option to have this on or off is a possibility

1 Like

I added more possibilities to the post including aircraft restrictions or not earning as much XP for entering specific areas.

1 Like

You do know that the NOTAMs are usually advisories not restrictions

You do know if this is added it would mean that som IFC members would not be able to fly to their local airports which would be unfair considering a member in the USA paid the same price to buy the app as a member in Iraq

2 Likes