(ZIPAIR’s 787-8 in its disappointing livery 😞 - Image by @traicycom on Twitter)
ZIPAIR Tokyo is considering Tokyo to United States flights - with Portland and Honolulu as its best candidates.
ZIPAIR Tokyo is Japan Airlines’ brand-new low-cost wholly-owned subsidiary.
- The airline was founded earlier this year and expects to launch flights from its base in Tokyo Narita to Bangkok and Seoul in 2020.
- From there, the airline expects to operate 2 Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners and launch flights to the United States by 2021.
Now, the airline has selected both Honlulu (HNL) and Portland, Oregon (PDX) as its likely choices for U.S. service.
- Japan to Honolulu is very well-served by airlines like Hawaiian Air, Japan Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, All Nippon Airways, and more.
- Portland currently has direct flights to Tokyo Narita on Delta Air Lines but will soon be switched to the larger Tokyo Haneda Airport.
- ZIPAIR will likely launch flights to Portland out of Tokyo Narita and indirectly compete with Delta on the Portland route.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they’ll fly to Portland and Honlulu?