On my second loop, you told me number 1, clear to land. With @TaipeiGuru on final! A sequence would have been appropriate in that situation. Everything else was fine at least from my perspective.
Oh ok thanks for the feedback I’ll take note of that mistake and work on it.
Keep on going! You’ll make it to the IFATC In no time!
Hey! Very informative session today; I’d just like to go over the main points.
- You know what you did wrong, so no comment. :)
KIND is correct. He would have been #2, with traffic to follow on final.
When KIND requested transition, you gave him 2500. The correct altitude would have been 3500. To calculate the transition altitude, add 2500 to the airport altitude and then round up to the nearest 500.
That’s all for now! I’d like to come by in the future to see how you’ve improved. There’s a lot of potential for you, so keep up the good work and you’ll get there soon. Good job!
Well I’m back open at Sunny San Diego come by and join me.
Departing and landing runway 27 only
Pattern work is allowed
Be respectful and aware of others in the airspace
Hey there Zach,
I recommend you have a look at this post + thread. It appears you didn’t see it.
And here is some extra info for you, which I hope you find helpful:
Anton’s 10 Golden Rules for controlling
- Watch aircrafts on your platform. Good Ground control is important. Use hold position and give way instructions. Give way instructions are sometimes given before a taxi instruction.
- Understand the concept of the Pattern. Know your departure, crosswind, downwind, base and final legs.
- every new inbound and every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction, to inform the pilot how he should approach
- “ sequencing is your friend ”. Very important. It is used to tell pilots who to follow.Re-sequence if this helps to provide clarity. Extend downwind, I’ll call your base, and speed instructions are not meant for sequencing. Use sequence instructions, as many and as often as is needed.
- Use I’ll call your base, to delay the base turn of an inbound aircraft. Apply this to create space to allow outbound aircrafts to depart, or to avoid clashes with other aircrafts.
- aircrafts remaining in the pattern get a touch and go with an exit turn direction. This is needed only once. After this, the pilot will assume the same exit direction (number 1, cleared for the option, after the option make left traffic).
- Timely clearance for landing or for the option. Radar tag turns green for cleared aircrafts
- landed aircrafts all get a runway exit instruction . Know your exit procedures
- an inbound aircraft only gets one (1) landing/option clearance, per runway.
- Know what Transition altitude to assign for aircrafts passing through Tower’s airspace.
I’m back open it is advised if you come to do patterns and transitions because I struggle with these sometimes and I want to get better we will use runway 27 only departing and landing.
Tower and Ground open
27 only departing and landing
Pattern work allowed
It won’t let me respond to your transition
I’ll request again
Ok first portion was amazing. Great work. Second time when I came in to land was the part that confused me a lot. When I was inbound you didn’t give me a sequence so I had no clue who I was following plus you sequenced someone number 2 I think it was behind the person 3 nm in front of me. You also sequenced me as number 3 after the go around and cleared me as 4 and said cleared for the option when I was landing. You told me to maintain slowest practical speed on my final approach speed as well.
At first you were to close to the Kc-10 that’s where the go around cane in and I sequenced you number I wanted you to go behind the 763 but yeah I guess that can be confusing sorry about that
Yeah but the 767 was behind me and you cleared me as number 4. When you can always when someone is arriving give a pattern entry and sequence if you can. It helps the pilot know who they are following.
Ok sorry about that didn’t mean to make it so confusing.
All good bud this is why tracking threads exist to get feedback to make you better and better! :)
I’m open at KSAN again if you can please do Pattern I want to get as most people as I can do I can work on sequencing.
Ground and Tower open
Pattern work allowed
Departing runway 27 only
Left traffic will be preferred
After some months to think about what I’m going to do in infinite flight I decided I’ll work towards atc again. Here we go
KSAN once again
- Please be aware others while in the airspace
- Runway 27 in use only
- Pattern work allowed.
I am unable to edit the thread but I am open at KSAN
Feel free to flag this for closure and create a new thread if you can’t edit it. People will think you’re closed if you don’t edit the title. :)