Zach007’s ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @N/A

I would like to work on my atc skills so if can come on down and give some feedback I am not that good and I would like to improve so show me where I am wrong if you find a mistake

5 Likes

Changed your title 😉

3 Likes

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Well not much action

1 Like

I can be there in 5 minutes

2 Likes

Do you want me to fly in or start on the ground?

2 Likes

Fly in please

2 Likes

Hi Zach,

I was Northwest 122. Let me start by saying I am glad you are interested in working on your atc skills. I strongly recommend you watch all of the tutorial videos that are available to get you started.

Here is some feedback:

Pushback: When you approved pushback, you did not give me a runway. You should have said “Pushback approved, expect runway xx”. Since the TS does not have ATIS, I had no idea which runways you were intending to use. This is helpful so I know which way to angle on pushback.

Taxi: You instructed me to hold position despite no other aircraft around and then broadcast to file a FPL. My desire was to fly patterns so I had no reason to file a flight plan. Get used to patterns if you anticipate joining IFATC someday. Also, anticipate runway crossings so I dont have to stop and request them at each runway if there is no traffic. When it gets busy, it is understandable.

Tower Change: As soon as I switched to the tower frequency, you instructed me to line up and wait. Do not do this. Let pilots let you know when they are ready for takeoff. The line up and wait is used to expedite departures on busy airports.

Takeoff: You cleared me for right traffic when I said remaining in the pattern from 12L. This forced me to cross 2 other runways. While not wrong, it is advised to make left traffic on left runways to not interfere with other departures.

Pattern work: You never issued me a clearance. EVERY aircraft needs to receive a pattern (which you did with right traffic) and clearance. The reason I let you know I was on base and final was to remind you to give me clearance to land. Since you never cleared me, I had to go around.

You have a lot to work on but, if you take the feedback, you will learn a lot quickly.

Hopefully this is just the beginning and you can join us on IFATC soon!

5 Likes

N15TP here, pretty good job all around. Here are some tips:

• When I first contacted you and requested inbound for landing, you cleared me right away. What you should have done was either say “Continue inbound” or give me an instruction to enter the pattern (e.g. enter right downwind RWY 12R). This occurred with Endeavor 4925 (or whatever his callsign was) as well; you immediately cleared him for landing without giving him instructions to enter the pattern.

• Another thing was, when I notified you that I was on right base, you had already cleared me to land. Therefore, the message that should have been sent is “N15TP, you have already been cleared to land, avoid sending duplicate messages”.

Other than that, I think you did pretty well for a beginner. Get some more practice in and you’ll be up and running in no time. :)

3 Likes

Thank you guys for the feedback I will most definitely look of this for the future thank you so much

1 Like

Whoever has the callsign Bigred you left you passenger door open and you cargo bay door

1 Like

On my way as N121TC.

1 Like

Runways 12L and 12R will be used for takeoffs and landings

Well thank you everyone for coming out to let me practice my atc skills I will open another airport soon cya next time

I recommend reviewing the atc tutorials.

I shouldnt have had to back taxi off the runway then back on i could of taken off from where i was.

As for the runway change you could of given me a simple pattern entry then cleared me for the option since i was the only one around.

I was leaving the airspace then going to come back in for a transition request. But i saw you closed. It is good practice to let people know you were closing. If you want some practice or some pointers feel free to message me.

1 Like

Well for one you were in the middle of the runway and for two here on the thread I said runways 12L and 12R are being used for takeoff and landing and you said requests departure to the east when I gave you right pattern traffics pattern so I didn’t think you were going to come back because you requested departure to the east and showed no signs of Turin if

You can take off from the middle of the runway lol i was in a tbm it wouldnt take me nearly a fraction of the runway to get airborne. I would recommend you keep aircraft size in mind next time. Other then all that you you didnt really stick around that long but if you open up again ill be sure to swing by!

Best regards,
Flare911

1 Like

He does have a point. Normally, if you wanted him to take off at the beginning of the runway, you’d say “no intersection departures” in ATIS. However, because TS doesn’t have ATIS, he technically is allowed to take off from halfway down the runway.

2 Likes

It’s also important to note that we can only deny intersection departures if it blocks a taxiway and impedes other aircraft from taxiing and acessing full length.

So unless it blocked someone from taxiing I don’t see the point of denying it.

1 Like

@TaipeiGuru and @TheWalkingFruit thank you guys for correcting me on this I will take that into mind thank you again for correcting me on this

2 Likes