YSSY TS1 near runway incursion

This is why I need to get off TS1 and into Expert

I was inbound to YSSY runway 34R, Tower was offline so I called my final, about halfway down the runway Caribbean 22 was heading towards me in the opposite direction, (I was too slow for a go around) luckily there was a taxiway I could enter to avoid a runway incursion at 100kts.

This signifies the importance of being diligent and look out for others by simply making calls to ATC or Unicom.

Have fun and fly high!

PS: Thanks to @Emoji_Bird for the interesting flight :P

11 Likes

Well keep flying and you’ll get there soon enough, trust me.

5 Likes

Yeah, just need some more XP and we are good to go!

Part of the fun is learning and I would honestly say even now on expert as I approach G5, I am still learning. Expert is a challenge, learn on TS1 and don’t rush to get to expert.

5 Likes

Throw those throttles through the firewall. It’s better to attempt a go around than choose to head straight into an incursion.

4 Likes

Drunk Caribbean Airlines 737 (jk)
I hope you get to Expert soon, you seem to know your stuff!
@Emoji_Bird was this you? The drunk 737 pilot?

4 Likes

Yeah that was me, approach gave me clearance for an approach and then I tried to contact tower but it was only Unicom so I stuck with approach (also my map wasn’t working), must say great avoidance of me @CryticalAce !

1 Like

Sorry I was on approach frequency, so I didn’t see you.

1 Like

Mmm lucky you didn’t go sliding off de runway trying to avoid this 737-800 :-)

1 Like

Very sorry for that…😐

1 Like

Stil knot (see what I did there lol) as bad as landing at 35L KDEN only to have one person shoot out in front of you and another start takeoff role the second you touchdown, I swear some people…

3 Likes

All I need to get to Expert server is 30000XP.

1 Like

Not too far away. Just a bit more flying.

1 Like

We both played our part! You slammed those brakes 😂

Don’t worry, it happens lol

I’m glad that you didn’t get annoyed about the incident, honest mistake, hope to see you again soon on Expert.🙂👍

1 Like

Haha, yeah as you said it was an honest mistake! Glad I know who you are now XD, we should do a flight together one day!

1 Like

Close but I was a 738 :P

1 Like

It looks like a -900 lol. No registration :-/

2 Likes

Yeah haha, quite similar but it was a generic 738 :P

1 Like