Yssy-kjfk 787-9

Hey! Does anyone know if the Boeing 787-9 has the range to make it to KJFK from YSSY? Just wondering because I want to do a flight but I don’t want to start it if I don’t have the range.

1 Like

Given you’ll be flying east bound and are just about guaranteed to have a tailwind, you’ll make it. I’ve been able to do the ‘Project Sunrise’ flight which went JFK-SYD in the 787 and made it without an issue.

Just make sure you’ve got lots and lots of fuel, and you don’t load your aircraft with tons of people and cargo. 🙂

7 Likes

Alright thanks!

Oh you go east on that route and not west over the lower 48?

1 Like

Not sure what you mean. Its been awhile but I could’ve sworn the route takes you over Cabo or San Diego.

3 Likes

You said he would be flying eastbound. Going from JFK and flying over San Diego you have to fly west and you usually get headwinds going west till you get below the equator

1 Like

It’d be a headwind for most of the trip

2 Likes

thats what i was sayin. Also I gotta say windy.com is Badass.

1 Like

whatever I say your the expert Im not an Airline pilot so Id assume that you know alot more aviation stuff than me.

3 Likes

Also, If you get really low on fuel, you can set a couple notches of flaps as a last resort since that saves an incredible amount of fuel on the 787 or 747, not very realistic of course but it helps.

2 Likes