YouTube Timelapse tutorial

I watched a lot of YouTube Infinite flight timelapse. I am Impressed about the scenery and I’m planning to make it too.
However, I don’t know how other people manage to create a timelapse. Some flight is long so screen record would not really work. I tried to ask some Youtuber but they wouldn’t reply.
I’m currently flying with my Android phone and iPad. I have a lot of replays and I can’t convert them to MP4.
Also, you guys can share some info about how you made your flight timelapse.

Appreciate a lot of you guys help. 🙂

2 Likes

Just record a video, and speed it up in editing software. There should be an option to increase the framerate of your video. It will take a while, varying on how fast or long you want to make it.

Additionally, you can do this all in iMovie on your iPad.

1 Like

That is definitely a way, but what if the flight is 14hours long ?

The only way i can think of is to connect your phone to a computer and record your screen on the computer via OBS, or another software. Of course, this requires a computer

1 Like

How has your storage not run out then?

You will want to put it into Premiere or another video editing software and speed it up, by like a lot.

1 Like

Hey! There are many apps you can use to create timelapses. First of all there is an app called iMovie. iMovie comes for free in the iPad and can do the job for you. The only problem with it is you would have to put it to 2x speed, save the video, and repeat. Another amazing app that I have found to be useful is Adobe Premiere Rush. If I am not mistaken it is free but once you save it you have to delete the project on the app. In Adobe Premiere Rush you can speed the video up as fast as 1000x. I hope my recommendations were helpful!

1 Like

I feel like this is the point in which I’m obligated to tag @Shane and ask him to provide his wisdom.

2 Likes

Also, if you have a MacBook, you can screen record the video on your phone which can connect to QuickTime and put it into Adobe Premiere Pro or Rush which is much faster and easier.

1 Like

Yep I have the OBS software on my PC, how do I do the recording on that ?

Ive never done this, so i might not be the best person to ask :I

Maybe connect your phone to the PC with a USB charging cord for your phone. Once the PC recognizes the phone, try to present the phone screen on the PC? Like I said, I’m not the best person to ask

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.