Youth vs. Judgement

Noticed a few of ATC folk are in the 14-15yr old range. Not criticzing … but when i was that age GOD did i make awful descisions… should there an age limit of ATC?

1 Like

There is an age limit to join IFATC

what is it?

Atleast 14 years old, no exceptions

1 Like

i respect you deeply. .i do ,but t 14 i was an asshole… i was

1 Like

Well that’s why you have 2 test to take before being accepted onto the team

what team…?

The Advanced ATC Team

1 Like

thats fair and well, still does not stop bad descisions being made…

2 Likes

Well any ghosts that happen are logged

We are held accountable for every ghost, If its not justified, there are consequences

3 Likes

sigh yup I can assure it does happen. I have encountered it first hand once with a ghost I forgot to take a screenshot of lol

cool beans!. just posing the question since i made some terrible choices as a teen tis alll… would hope that power does not go to ones head

3 Likes

not ness about ghosting… but more life in gen… 15 yrs old is fragile. so much to see etc…

1 Like

I’m sick and tired of people blaming age for these sort of things. The topic in question is ATC (Advanced Server). Now I know 14 seems young, but that being said I also people who are 14 and are already learning to fly. Secondly you have to pass a TEST, yes a test… In fact, two types. So stop FACTORING AGE.
I’m 17, work two jobs, and go to school. I’m smart at what I do, and I have faith in younger people. A stereotyped age attitude really annoyes me.

As for the Playground server. People are there to LEARN. No one is perfect at the start.

9 Likes

I’m 15 turning 16, Grade 5 and an IFATC controller and I think I’m doing a really good job.

7 Likes

Thank-you very much for your controlling yesterday! I messed up a lot of that FNF, but I always appreciate all the controllers that take part and help! :)

1 Like

Its no problem we enjoy what we do , just keep practicing and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Were you on Ground and Tower at KSEA?

Depends on the time

1 Like