"You're in an active airspace..." Help!

Hello!

Sometimes, inflight, an automatic message ask me to contact a specific frequency when I am on an active airspace. BUT, there is a problem :

Here, the message tell me to contact San Clemente Tower, but on the ATC frequency available…

San Clemente Tower is not here! So… is it normal or is it a bug?

Thank’s,
Captain M :airplane:

5 Likes

It’s not an automated message, the ATC can click on any plane on the map can send that message, even if you’re out of range of the frequency.

4 Likes

@SirMS It’s called “Trolling”, there bored and soliciting, some call it “Pimpimg” LOL.
Max Sends

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

When you are on the Advanced server do what they are asking you to do.
On the Playground server be more careful:
When starting you’re at your start position (a gate or somewhere on the apron), so contact the ground frequency.
Contact the tower frequency only when you’re holding short of the runway and there is no aircraft in front of you.
After takeoff at about 3.000 ft contact Departure, if there isn’t departure contact Approach, if there is none of them contact Center. If there isn’t any of this facilities contact a Unicom airport (otherwise you will stress the tower controller).
On course contact Center.
At 50 miles from destination contact Approach.
At 10 miles contact Tower.
When exiting the runway contact Ground.

When you are already on a correct frequency, and someone asks you to change it, ignore it (this happens sometimes at airports with two Towers and Ground frequencies).

10 Likes

Right on you guys… It’s called disciplined & coordinated operations! Now if the ATC’s just follow the range rules when all or partial ATC nodes are operating as intended or Towers when operating independently keep there noses inside there outer ring were they belong the IF World would be a better place. Just sayin, Max Sends

The only thing I would add to that is if there is no approach and only tower. I recommend making contact 20 miles out in case he needs to vector you to a different runway.

1 Like

@mhhodges76 etal- KISS, Let’s use the outer ring as delineated on the IF chart shall we. Outer Rings on most Class “B’s” are 10 miles out. So Tower control should be limited to inside the ring, no matter it’s class under all circumstance. I stand with @Laurens on the 50 mile limit for Approach, if the Flight Plan indicates there airport is the destination. @mhhodges76 comment is also a good call when a judgement call is needed. Centers own the Region. Just sayin, Max Sends

If there is no Tower frequency, in the radius of 10 miles from the destination airport contact its Unicom frequency and ignore Approach/Departure/Center requests.
Pilots at the airport must be aware of your inbound.

6 Likes

Thanks for the answer,
Always precise and easy to understand! :D

Indeed. Center shouldn’t really be contacted unless you’re flying at 18000 feet or above, if I recall correctly?

1 Like

If Center is only to be contacted when flying high, then what is the role or added value of Center?

Somewhat limited in IF due to region size, but usually for en-route guidance in between departure and destination points. Particularly for IFR flights, like your commercial routes etc

1 Like

@azeeuwnl , I think in IF its all comes down to common sense, if guy not filled flight plan and flying less then 18000 I would leave him alone. VFR not allowed in class A. So go after anyone over 18000 regardless of flight plan.😀we got small region not many people fly high altitude. 😀

2 Likes

That’s correct.
Center covers the Class A airspace (FL180 — FL600).
But it also provides ILS approaches for airports without Approach frequency.

In real world Center is the busiest facility, in Infinite Flight the routes are so short that you just have to change from one Approach/Departure frequency to the other.

4 Likes

Alexei & Laurens you are correct…i think in IF the regions are too small for centre,and thereby changing in & out of either Approach or Departure…also Leigh your point is valid as well…

I’ve gotten this before, while I was on short final while doing pattern work. Suddenly I get a message saying I need to contact the center because I’m in an active airspace. However, I had let the ATC know the whole time about my position, and was cleared for the approach. Was this an “ignore” situation?