Your thoughts on United's post

What do you think about this?(Your name won’t be shown)

• Well done United!!
  • What!? I don’t get it…
  • They should be worrying about other stuff.

0 voters

(This is not meant to offend people)

1 Like

Well did not expect to wake up to that - good on you United Airlines…you did something good

…for once…

just kidding…

3 Likes

That’s nice from them to do that for sure !

Also they shouldn’t be worrying about other stuff since that’s probably a request from multiple clients and a pretty easy administration change.

2 Likes

Glad to see that major airlines are moving towards Non-Binary options!

2 Likes

Actually it’s very important to correctly identify people, it’s a fairly cheap fix, but means a lot to people.

My wife gets very annoyed when she is called “Ms” instead of “Mrs”.

2 Likes

Hmm…

I can finally get my helipad seat on the plane as I identify as an Apache Helicopter.

On a more serious note, I can’t help but think that this is just a cheap marketing stunt from United to attract individuals who “identify” as something rather than male/female. They added an additional option to their bookings and that’s it. If they truly believe in what they are promoting, they should also, for example, push Newark to install gender-neutral bathrooms and other “things” that those individuals want.

I have a strong political view about the “gender movement” and I have tried not to be biased when commenting. If anyone wants to talk about the politics of it, DM me, I’d be happy to have a chat.

8 Likes

What does it mean, I don’t know what it means?

1 Like

Mx. is a non-binary gender booking option now for United.

Mx, (usually pronounced /mɪks/ MIKS or /mʌks/ MUKS and sometimes /ɛmˈɛks/ em-EKS), is an English language neologistic honorific that does not indicate gender.

Credits

2 Likes

I have no opinion either way on the post. In an ideal society, this shouldn’t make headlines. It should just be a normal fact of life, and no one should think bad or good of United to add the option.

1 Like

Sure many people will like it but it shouldn’t be something that would hit the headlines

1 Like

Thank you for telling me.

1 Like

This is fine and dandy-good on them… BUT, they should be worrying more about their huge 737 Max order that they didn’t buy the AOA safety options on. If the Max 8/9 have CG and AOA issues due to the engine placement, then the Max 10 is likely going to be a lot worse with the larger Leap 1A engine!

2 Likes

I’m not going to state my views on this, but I will say that they should be worrying about other things and not how people “identify”

4 Likes

unnecessary. nobody cares what you “identify” as, plus theres only 2 genders anyways.

united should be more focused on issues with the 737max and what they want to do, rather than virtual signaling about adding “new “gender” options” for booking.

dont @ me

4 Likes

The max issue is more of Boeing’s problems. But even at that, they still have to work on their other issues

1 Like