Your Stories of Running out of Fuel or Successful Crash Landings

We’ve all been there when we have not selected enough fuel

Has anyone got any single engine stories of making it to ground or even with no engines at all

I have one of my own omdb - kjfk

I had enough fuel to make the trip however at cruise alt we experienced 120kt head winds which severely affected our range half way i realised we want going to make it so I diverted to Greenland made a fully forced no power landing sadly not on the runway we fell 3 nm short of the threshold however somehow I managed to save the aircraft and spent the next 45 mins at 7kts gs travelling the rocky terrain to the airport not my proudest moment. But like you I’m only human

Thanks for the edit velocity23

1 Like

Well,When I run out of fuel even if I’m close to landing I always go into a stall

1 Like

Yep got a few, all of them ending with the nose digging deep into the ground 😂

#Nosedived…

3 Likes

When I planned a DTW-NRT flight, I had enough fuel for the whole leg, but noticed when I took off, It was in the red.
I disregarded it and slept. Luckily, I woke up to see that my fuel was low (I had an hour or so of fuel), so I immediately looked for the nearest airport. I landed in an airport in Russia. Unfortunately the winds aloft was red, I was so lucky to land without crashing. I refueled, Took off, and continued to NRT.
I went back to sleep and landed at NRT a couple of hours late.

4 Likes

CYYZ-KPVD
Had 7% of fuel left in an E175, then diverted to Syracuse.
Refueled and continued to PVD.

1 Like

That happened to me on a flight from Osaka (Kansai) to Frankfurt. I had to divert to Stockholm Arlanda to refuel and then later continue to FRA.

That’s the only time I’ve miscalculated the amount of fuel I’m supposed to carry :P

2 Likes

Yeah guilty of the AM Dash happendcthe othercmorning thank the heavens I woke up with power or no power the 777 will speed to its doom could of been a great painful violations incident unquestionably my fault to if I had of crashed whilst speeding

#luckygirl

Moral Advice stay with them through to cruise and even then don’t trust A/P

Put the correct fuel amount
Overslept
“CRASH”
The End

please don’t flag me :)

3 Likes

I landed with 100 kg of fuel left in a EGLL-KSFO flight and stopped at the gate with 20 kg of fuel left.

2 Likes

Close shave

1 Like

Silly me packed exactly 9hrs of fuel for a 9hr flight. When I first started playing I didn’t consider headwinds or delays at the arrival airport…😂 You know how this ends

1 Like

Hey we’ve all done it not many will admit but that’s life

Has anyone ever had the urge on low fuel to kill an engine on approach to save fuel…

I was doing a flight on the 787-9 from LAX to YSSY and I was 13 hours into the flight and realized I only had 2 hours of fuel left, so I tried to land in New Zealand, get more fuel, then continue on, but I didn’t have enough fuel to even make it that far

1 Like

Oooooow painful I will say it is possible to recreate a captain phillips and save all onboard ^^ was that his name Hudson pilot…

1 Like

Or Captain Sully. Either way, we’d live

1 Like

That’s the 1 CPT SULLY

So a while back I signed up for an event. The flight was MCO-SJU and was around 2 hrs and 30 mins long. Packed all the necessary fuel but one hour later I had to leave. Let’s say things took a turn for the worse and I ended up running out of fuel and crashing somewhere over Venezuela. Surprisingly, I received no violations.

1 Like

Amazing but sometime you can remarkably avoid them violations I call it fait intervention

Was doing an oversea flight from Heathrow to JFK, NY. I was 20 minutes out from JFK and ran out of fuel, stalled, raged.

1 Like