Your Pilot Licenses / Flight Lessons

Hello IFC! I am 14 years old, and am working towards a Private Pilot License at KLZU ! Next year I will take the FAA test and will hope to distinct it. Has anyone here had a license in real life? And at what age did you start lesson?

8 Likes

I’m 13, and from Canada. I’m in a cadet program, and will be going for my PPL (Private Pilot’s License) in 3 years. If I do get it through cadets, training, the license and everything else will be free. I’ll actually be paid for the camp, more than 10$ a week for 5 days a week.

5 Likes

No, I am still working on mine. Whew it is a lot of work, but hey, at the end, there will be no regrets. I hope you conquer your quest and have a exciting aviation career!

2 Likes

Wow, that seems young. Where I’m talking my lessons you have to be 17 for your final check ride/PPL.

2 Likes

That is how it is for the majority of flight schools. @GolferRyan

2 Likes

I know. But he said he is 14 and taking his test.

2 Likes

Yes, I wont get my actual licence till i am 17, but I will still be able to take the tests. ( Flight, Oral, And Written )

4 Likes

He will be 15 then. That is very good for his age! He is a go-getter for sure!

2 Likes

I will be starting ground school next March, I will be 16. I plan on taking my final check ride/getting my PPL the day I turn 17

1 Like

I am actually taking ground school online with Sporty’s Learn To Fly Course

2 Likes

I may start lessons in a few months. (Turning 13)

1 Like

I am taking ground school online with Sporty’s Learn To Fly Course

You don’t need to say it twice. I saw the first message. Anyway, good for you. Have you taken a discovery flight yet?

2 Likes

I remember that! I took mine in a SOCATA TB10 Tobago!

2 Likes

Took mine in a C172, reg N733TC. Hence my IF callsign. :) I actually got to land on that flight.

4 Likes

Oh sorry, didn’t show the first one on my screen…
Anyways…
I will be taking it In February, after I complete the first three chapters of Sporty’s Learn To Fly Course.
Young Eagles gives a reimbursement for a discovery flight and for the FAA tests.

1 Like

I took my young eagles flight in a Stinson 108!
My pilot said it was his grandmas second plane.

Since I live up in the mountains, there isn’t much of a choice for flight schools but when I’m in Denver, I sometimes have a couple lessons.

1 Like

I started on my 12th birthday and studying for my solo now

2 Likes

I have my license. I started when I was 14 years old and took my knowledge test at 16. In my opinion, I would wait as the written is only good for two years if you don’t know have your license.

1 Like