Your Memories of The Boeing 737- Classics (-100 through -500)

Honestly I think planes look better without winglets.

1 Like

My memories are from very short hops within Germany on the now retired B737-300.

The most memorable one was an announcement by the Captain that “lights would be off for a moment while they replay something in the cockpit” before while preparing for our flight…

I was actually surprised that I’ve been on a 737-300 before.

It was on Southwest from TPA-BWI. The only things I really remember are the old livery and brown seats.

N665WN, the plane I flew, now has cool plane tags made from it:

I’m planning to buy one soon.

In 2016, I was luckily able to fly on a Southwest 737-300 from Denver to Grand Rapids. This was my first (and only) flight on the classic -300. This was also my first memorable flight on Southwest, and I absolutely LUVed it! get it? Shame they retired before my flight to Phoenix a year and a couple of months later. I flew on N622SW, which is currently in costa rica becoming a freighter. Here’s her before my only flight on a 737-300, or any classic to date.

1 Like

I always forget the -300 could actually be equipped with winglets. LH never had them to my knowledge.

1 Like

At least the plane is still flying. And I flew this aircraft (N622SW) 22 times in my lifetime. I’ve been keeping a log of every aircraft I’ve flown on and how many times I’ve flown it.

1 Like

For example, I’ve flown on N955WN 17 times.

Wow! Now I know another person here on the forum who has been on the same airplane as well! I’ve also been on the same plane as @GlobalFlyer1, @Suhas, and I was on the same flight with @den.aviation before!

Could you also share that log? It would be cool to see all the classic Southwest Birds you’ve flown.
I would also recommend putting your flights on my.flightradar24.com to see more data :)

3 Likes

While I don’t know for a fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve flown on some older generations of the 737s with Southwest. I was too little to know for sure though

So I know I have been one more 737 classic flights, I just can’t find all of them. But I know for a fact I’ve been on a few Southwest classics, a few United Airlines classics (-500), and a few America West classics (-300). This picture I attached (sorry for bad quality) is on a Southwest 737-300 from ABQ to MDW on January 1, 2015. The registration of the aircraft is N379SW. I loved the classic leather Southwest seats. Unfortunately I was too young to remember the United and America West 737s and don’t have pictures either.

I only have 5 pages from my log. I’m still finding the rest. I can share a few more though:

N772SW: 5 times
N8565Z: 1 times
Spirit Of Kittyhawk: 5 times.

N648SW: 10 times
N647SW: 1 time
N383SW: 2 times.
N334SW: 7 times
N8710M: 1 time (737-MAX)

Flew a Peruvian 732 3 years ago to the day, from Lima to Cuzco, and flew the -500 on the way back.

Other than that, a plethora of WN and US air classics, Shuttle By United 737s, Lufthansa 735, Continental 735, Alaska 734, and a few others.

1 Like

I want to ride one of the classics. Never have, but I really want to, the early 737’s are such great planes.

I might have flown on a Southwest 737-300 or 737-500 when I was really young but I don’t remember.

3 Likes

Nauru Still Operates The 733 to BNE

2 Likes

boy i do miss these legends

3 Likes

So yesterday I found out that when I moved to Texas from Philadelphia in 2008, it was on another 737-300, N340LV. Better yet, at the time it was painted in the Desert Gold livery, so it looked like this:
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.16.40 AM
Source
Even better yet this was my very first Southwest flight of my life. What better way to do it than on this classic!

4 Likes

That’s my favorite Southwest Airlines livery of all time. I honestly wish they stayed with that livery.

1 Like

These overhead panel controls were in my opinion the best the 737’s ever had.

2 Likes