Your Infinite Flight Live Pet Peeves

On a pilot side :

• Being followed by a fighter jet too close

• When pilots terminate their FPL so we have to search his last waypoint to know where he goes.

• When pilots uses the red runways (except for following controllers instructions)

• When I realize that I’ve experienced only once a holding instruction and not being able to find waypoints to make a beautiful holding pattern (since i’ve never seen the computed one ingame)

• When TS controllers doesn’t help you getting landed or request maintaining 10’000ft until localizer (should be 3’000ft over airport altitude basically)

• When everyone follows a approach trafic flow… expect one landing on the other side of everyone.

• KLAX-KNUC being not popular since global (aaah good old times) xD

• having to taxi with daytime causes we don’t have yet taxi lights

• in the future having clouds not in-time at the same position as IRL

Controller side:

• When I sequence an approach for a group flight and one or two pilots doesn’t contact me & doesn’t follow my instructions (killing all the beautiful flow)

• when pilots doesn’t follow instructions for vectoring them to a good and safe approach

• when pilots want absolutely to make a loong approach downwind when I could bring the plane earlier on the final to save their time

• when a pilot flying wayyyyy too slow and really too low compared to appropriate approach plan. What a time extension to waste!

Other:

• when people complains about wrong plane sizes used at Casual server when it’s should be entirely when we have two others servers for making realistic flights

• when someone makes an event and no one is coming

• when pilots are flying overspeed

• When I don’t want to spend money to buy a new device while I know that IF will be less compatible with my good old iPhone 6 😝

Well i surely forgot some other facts, but after reading all what I wrote, I can say I’m not an easy person lol

Anyways, you don’t see me really often in TS & XP causes I’m afraid of app crashing. I’m doing my things in Casual and loves to see the flight path in LiveFlight (and soon in Map Flight when we will be able to from mobile devices)

1 Like

🤣

This is new one, seeing into the future.

I’m sure somebody already said it but I will add mine anyway…when following someone on final and the person in front of you is going the slowest possible speed (when unnecessary) causing you to have to go around.

2 Likes

This happened to me once

XXXXX, cross runway 06L, please expedite.

The plane:

8 Likes

Starting a flight, only to have ATC leave your destination 10min before arriving.

6 Likes

Once I just had to stall on short final because my dad wanted me to pass sth.

When I’m ready for departure and given # in line and then ATC departs out of order. What’s the point of assigning a # for departure and then not following it?

Welcome to the community. Like in real life, departure order is fluid and subject to change. An example would be I’ve sequenced you as #3, but have an intersection departure report ready sometime after. Because of traffic flow I deem it more efficient to depart the intersection departure ahead of a full length, thus making you now #4. Because I can possibly line up and wait two aircraft and get two out ahead of an arrival, I choose this as the best option. Just one of the many reasons why a departure sequence number might change.

There are many great things about IF and the real world experience has improved significantly in the years since I joined. However if I had to share a few of my pet peeves they would be (not in any particular order);

• The ability for aircraft to pass through others on the ground and in the air.
  • Ground controllers informing (harassing) you with “you are at a controlled airport…” when you are sitting at a gate setting up your flight.
  • Pilots that do not follow or respect ATC instructions
  • Pilots that buzz airports (particularly major ones) with fighter jets
  • Pilots who park GA, freight or fighter aircraft at terminate gates

Why does KJFK “overshadowing” KLGA bug you? What’s your deal with LaGuardia?

1 Like

I’ll be honest, most of the points I listed in that post were to grab extra likes. However, I do have this strange love for LaGuardia that most people don’t understand, so you’re definitely not the first person to ask this.

Ask for JFK overshadowing LGA, I used to always get upset when I saw tons of traffic at JFK and none at LGA.

4 Likes

I appreciate you explaining! Thank you!

2 Likes

I think you forgot the person that has NO idea on how to fly a plane yet they chose the A380

1 Like

I may be able to buy the most expensive plane that’s how often it happens to me

depending on the location I will put an extra 30 min of fuel ON top of my reserve for this reason

1 Like

I usually do 45-60 minutes of fuel because most of the times when I fly, there tends to be a lot of traffic in both the departing and arriving airport.

2 Likes

I can admit to doing that.

4 Likes

You can turn that off in settings.

@nbiler please don’t respond to posts that are years old, thanks 🙂

3 Likes

im pretty sure the gulf blockade came to a compromise so saudi airspace is open to qatar and UAE

1 Like