Your Infinite Flight Live Pet Peeves

I use UR-KIND the best callsign ever lmao

1 Like

They rotate at 230 knots too.

I guess not.

Yep once I saw a BA A321 at KLAX…

1 Like

Actually, yesterday i flew from JFK to Skopje with Wizzair A321. Sometimes it is fun to fly non exsisting routes, but i always try to have realistic call sign, flight plan and great landing. Usually i use flightradar24 to check the route and the flight number.

When you’re hosting an ATC session on the Training Server and this happens:
“Ryanair 1234 requesting takeoff at runwzy 23R, remaining in the pattern”
“Ryanair 1234, cleared for takeoff, make right traffic”
《One minute later》
“Ryanair 1234, request frequency change”
《Sets flight plan to LHR》

I really think people should read the user guide before joining the training server cause its really annoying

My strongest and most annoying pet peeve is when planes don’t park at the correct terminal. Now, I get it’s hard to navigate where you suppose to park, and some airports don’t tell you what terminal you should park. But for the airports like FLL, LAX, EWR, JFK, and MCO, I believe that it’s fairly easy to figure out where to park.

Example: I saw a United and American park at Terminal 4 at Cancun instead of Terminal 3. And at Fort Lauderdale, I saw a Southwest park at Terminal 4, instead of Terminal 1.

1 Like

While I somewhat agree, many people wouldn’t know 1. Which terminal each airline uses at a specific airport and 2. Where that terminal actually is on the ground (obviously if it’s off spawn then you can search for the right terminal)

Just as bad as Gound asking your intentions 2 seconds after you have spawned at a gate and you are just turning the power on. Then they ask you every minute there after , despite responding with “Standby”
last time I checked , planes sit at the gate preparing for pushback. “Departure Clearance” How can we improve this ? 🙂

Getting ghosted for doing a textbook takeoff in a fighter jet, yes I got ghosted for climbing at 300 knots, I purposely did a steep climb to get high enough, I had to hit the throttle to have adequate speed for a steep climb an ATC told me to gtfo, by ghosting me…

2 Likes

Anything above 300 knots (under FL100; in towers airspace) in a fighter jet is reportable. You are expected to understand what is and what is not okay when flying in the Expert Server, especially with active ATC.

I highly suggest checking out Tyler’s post regarding fighter jet etiquette.

5 Likes

I’ll take a look, I should’ve searched for something like Tyler’s post before flying a fighter jet, reminds me of a time where my friend tried playing my guitar, and tried to imitate my playing, (I had just played a guitar solo I learned) and he broke two strings, I should’ve taught him how to play it first…

3 Likes

Love that voice😭😂

When TS kids won’t listen to my runway assignment, and forces their way onto the closed runway.

When ATC controllers perform unnecessary long approach procedures, or when they accidentally forget about you and you’re travelling in a straight line for very long.

1 Like

When pilots use airports as waypoints, especially on long hauls

1 Like

that would be me… rarely

1 Like

People will takeoff from a wrong side in TBM930

When someone go LUAW when told to HOLD SHORT

3 Likes

I think we may have to wait for realistic airport buildings for this to be much of a consideration for people … I don’t have much incentive to research exactly which of the many dozens of grey shapes I should head to on the tarmac!

2 Likes