Your Infinite Flight Live Pet Peeves

when ryanair and easyjet appears at london heathrow

When on Casual and people spawn on top of you and people who takeoff from the taxiways/aprons.

People trying to race to the taxiway and going through you in the sky. Not to mention, in expert server.

Pilots who take off from 5 miles away in a 388 on a 1500-foot dirt strip and jump straight into the middle of the traffic that’s been crawling toward intercept for the last half hour.

No. You do not instantly become first in line. Yes, you would be furious if someone did it to you. And, yes, I will ruin your next 7 days if you tell me you’re ‘unable’ to not be a jerk [wish I could use stronger language, because you know you’ve earned it] when I vector you into a 30-minute hold off to the side while everyone who was ahead of you gets their turn.

Find some candy to steal from children while you’re being such a stand-up gentleman.

Pilots who think ‘straight out departures only’ means ‘cut directly across the upwind of the parallel runway and fly directly through the fuselage of any and all other traffic upon departure’.

Look. Around. You.

People toss the r-word around here all the time. Find me the SID from KLAX or KATL that says ‘takeoff in the first 1000 feet of the runway and blast over the ramp at 500 AAL’ or ‘the second you’re airborne, set a one-waypoint flightplan across the globe and hit [nav] so you make an immediate 90 degree turn through everyone else’.

It’s all Realism™…until it slightly inconveniences you for 30 seconds,

Straight out departures means fly runway heading for a bit, Look around you. And, unable? Doesn’t mean ‘I don’t wanna.’ So when you tell me you can’t not fly through other planes, I’ll be more than happy to tell you that I’m unable to keep myself from giving you a 7 day vacation.

There’s a common thread here:

Everyone worries about what liveries park where. Whether this or that airline flies this or that route. And they call this being true to life.

But when it comes to actual flight; to not flying through other aircraft, to not buzzing the ramp, to not taking off from Lukla in a 388, to not jumping in an approach line from 5 miles away and jamming up other pilots who’ve been on approach from the last half hour, to flying at FL340 @ 500 knots GS until they’re 10 miles out…all that interferes with their experience, so it doesn’t matter.

So instead of haranguing people about their liveries and parking spaces, we pay a little more attention to actual in-flight interaction with our fellow pilots?

Maybe even apply the r-word to yourself, even if it slightly inconveniences you for a few minutes.

ATC reporting you for wanting to descend and then having to go around because your not low enough.

Don’t mind quite so much at LHR, but when they are at JFK, LAX or even SYD it’s a bit wrong…( worse things happen at sea so I don’t get stressed about it!).

I meant inactive like when it’s red on the map

When someone lets live ruin their entire pro subscription.
When someone quits IF after receiving a PFI

people wanting to get attention EX: pilot# so and so ready to taxi with info alpha - 2 mins later pilot# so and so request taxi to runway 1.

I for one like real world ops when I control. If I’m controlling VHHH and I’m using runway 25R for departures, I don’t care if your closer to runway 25L, (which is only be used for arrivals), taxi to the runway I instructed you to go to. Your requested runway is just that a request. It doesn’t have to be granted.

Spamming the frequency when you don’t get exactly what you requested. I will ignore you and treat you as a casual server pilot.

Okay this one maybe a touchy one. There are some of us who control on the TS with over 41000 ops (not to say that quantity equals quality), please quit saying that all TS controllers don’t know what they are doing because they aren’t IFATC (some of us would LOVE to be IFATC but maybe able to pass the test requirement but not the volunteer requirements for controlling due to things outside of IF.