Your guide to Paris Charles De Gaulle airport - LFPG

Paris Charles De Gaulle Internationnal airport guide

This guide is intended for any pilot wishing to obtain information about Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. The information given relates to procedures used both on the ground and in the air. More general information is included.

This place contains different terminal configurations. You then access the lists of airlines that are present in each terminal, as well as terminal plans & gates for each.
Please take note that some companies may be rarer than others at the terminals, and some even go so far as to cancel flights due to the current crisis.

Terminal 1

Terminal 1 (Star Alliance)

Lufthansa
Singapore Airlines
Icelandair
Qatar Airways
Swiss
LATAM
Thai Airways
United
Norwegian
Egyptair
EVA Air
Air China
Asiana Airlines
All Nippon Airways
Turkish Airlines
LOT Polish
Eurowings
SAS
Aer Lingus
PIA
Air China
Kuwait Airways
Terminals 2A & 2C

Terminal 2A

Aegean
British Airways
Air Astana
Ethiopian
Cathay Pacific
Air Tahiti Nui
Air Canada
Air Algerie
Air Transat
Oman Air
El Al
Royal Jordanian

Terminals 2C

Emirates
Air Algérie
Air Madagascar
Air Austral
Etihad
Rossiya
Aeroflot
Saudia
Gulf Air
Air India
Terminals 2B & 2D

Terminal 2B

Azerbaijan Airlines
Belavia
Bulgaria Air
Easyjet

Terminal 2D

Easyjet
Air Baltic
Finnair
UIA
Czech Airlines
Air Serbia
Austrian
Air Malta
Terminal 2E (E/L/K)

Terminal 2E (E/L/K)

Air France
Delta
Vietnam Airlines
China Southern
Korean Air
Air Mauritius
China Eastern
AeroMexico
Japan Airlines
Kenya Airways
Air Senegal
MEA
Air Arabia
Tarom
Iran Air
American Airlines
Terminal 2F

Terminal 2F (Sky Team short hauler)

Air France
KLM
Alitalia
Croatia Airlines
Air Europa
Terminal 2G

Terminal 2G

HOP!
Luxair
Terminal 3

Terminal 3

Vueling
Nouvelair
ASL airlines
Cargo North

Cargo North

FedEx
Cargo South

Cargo South

Air France Cargo
DHL
China Southern Cargo
AirBridge Cargo

This place is dedicated to ground movements of multiple areas as well as the Airport Ground Charts (AGC).
According to the adopted runways configurations, the movements on the ground change. As a reminder, these depend on the winds & ATC if there is. You can refer to the indicated arrows on the charts which show the taxi to take, according to the so-called “West” or “East” configurations.

AGC Overview

East Configurations

West Configurations

Some taxiways cannot accept the passage of large planes, which are the A380 and the B747.

A380 & B747 taxi configurations

LFPG has a specific runway usage to respect for realism in the game. This runway usage doesn’t change in any case.
Internal Runways are used for the departures, which represent the runway 08L/26R and the runway 09R/27L.
External Runways are used for the arrivals, which represents the runway 08R/26L and the runway 09L/27R.

Runway Length (ft) Operation
08R / 26L 8833*196 Arrival
08L / 26R 13713*147 Departure
09R / 27L 13746*147 Departure
09L / 27R 8866*196 Arrival

Facing East runways have a heading of 85° and facing West ones have a heading of 265°.

Each flight departing from Paris Charles De Gaulle airport must follow a Standard Instrument Departure (SID) that you can select by clicking on the airport > proc > select departure and choose an appropriate one depending on your flight direction.
Below you can find the departing charts for each direction depending on runway usage.

Runways 08s/09s

North departure

South departure

East departure

West departure

Runways 26s/27s

North departure

South departure

East departure

West departure

As for each airport when available, you must select a Standard Arrival Terminal Route (STAR) as well as an Approach transition. Paris airport accepts several types of approaches, although the ILS approach is predominant in everyday arrivals.
Below’s documents show the different STARs you can fill in your FPL depending on where you come from.

North East Arrival

North West Arrival

South East Arrival

South West Arrival

The Approach Plates are useful documents as well, as it guides your type of approach. For the ILS approach at CDG, you can access the runway information, Glideslope information, circling procedure, and much more information depending on the runway you’d like to land on.

08R LOC

09L LOC

27R LOC

26L LOC

For more information about the type of approach you choose and the transition you need to take, please refer to the following document taken from the User Guide.
You can have a look at the table with the meaning of each Approach prefix you fill.

Approach Prefix Table

This guide was brought to you by @Jeremy351 and @Alexandre. We are two French people very interested in aviation. We follow the news of the biggest French airports very closely, and this is what allowed us to make this guide.
This guide will be regularly updated with real-life news at Paris-CDG airport.
If you have any feedback, please feel free to give it so we can make this guide as useful as possible.

Sources

Eurocontrol Charts - EAD Basic - EUROCONTROL

Flight Radar 24 - https://www.flightradar24.com/

47 Likes

Nicely done @Alexandre!

1 Like

Thank you very much Zachary :)

@JetSuperior5192 well I think this one is the good one.

1 Like

Hahaha, you should summon Cameron too :)

1 Like

Great job @Jeremy351 and @Alexandre !

2 Likes

Glad you like it, captain.

1 Like

Thanks @Baba ;)

1 Like

Proceeds to land on 27L…

@DanyyRude definitely not, realism and professionalism are the keys :)

Awesome guide in LFPG @Alexandre and @Jeremy351! I am simply impressed with your work, and of course, my big congratulations, for doing this, I think you have a lot of very good information! Good job!

See you around in the skies!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hello @Renan , thanks for the kind words!
I’m really happy if it helps, always a pleasure to work on useful things.
Thanks again! :)

1 Like

Thanks for your words @Renan. We really appreaciate it.

1 Like

Thanks for your very detail tutorial!!

2 Likes

I’m a reble of my kind, I disregard realism for my own pleasure

Great guide, I really liked the structure/format, I am developing one and I was a bit in doubt about how to do it, you give me a light and it will certainly be very useful the next time I go to LFPG, thank you very much for this contribution to the simulation!

1 Like

Hello, thank you very much. Glad you like it.

Glad if it helps you. Can’t wait to see your guide!

Dear IFC users,

I’ve just added some more information about the heavy aircraft on the ground.
Tomorrow is the day! Paris CDG is featured as ATC HUB. I encourage everyone to be professional as always.

See y’all in France skies.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey Alexandre and Jeremy ! your work is, as @Gliding_Central loves to say, magnifique !! Hope LFPG is gonna be fully staffed with heavy traffic!

Cheers,

Antoine

3 Likes