Your Guide to Leh Airbase - Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (VILH)

Alright, Thanks. Can’t wait to fly into this airport

2 Likes

It’s especially stunning, now that it’s in 3D!

2 Likes

flying to this airport blindly for the first time was definitely one of the hardest things I’ve done so far!

1 Like

10/10 would not recommend haha
Hope this guide helps!

1 Like

It certainly did! What is the departure runway and which heading must I turn after takeoff?

1 Like

@Skonert

Here’s the answer to your question:

As for the turns, you can’t hit autopilot and relax, unfortunately. Read more about it in the “Departure Procedures” section of the guide:

1 Like

Was able to do a flight here a little while( few hours ago) and boy was that Approach amazing! Makes me want to fly here more tbh.

2 Likes

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you flying more at Leh!

There’s a really fine event happening on the 16th if you like!

1 Like

@CaptainAli_yt you may join us for the event on 16NOV

2 Likes

From Mumbai or New Delhi

2 Likes

I’ve just successfully landed and departed from VILH, thanks for this really important information topic.
I advise anyone planning a trip to or from VILH today to read this topic carefully and follow the instructions!

I was actually the only one who departed on the correct runway 25. Everybody else tried runway 07 and most of them crashed into the mountains. o_o

5 Likes

Glad to see that it helped you!

And yup, that’s why it’s a bi-directional runway, where takeoffs are from 25 and landings are on 07. Pilots and IFATC controllers both need to take note of that. It’s not just for “realism,” it’s for terrain clearance.

3 Likes

Lately I have made a .fpl with the waypoints mentioned above.

Feel free to integrate into your flight planing.

4 Likes

Nice! This is gonna help a lot of pilots. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Flew here today along with a group of 5 other pilots. This topic really helped and we enjoyed the difficult approach with this guide!

4 Likes

CaptainSooraj, my guy. You have done a great work. Bravo. THIS IS SO DETAILED AND HELPFUL. Thanks :)

1 Like