Your Guide to Kansas City International Airport

Your Guide for Kansas City International Airport
Hello! (First of all this is my first airport guide so bare with me) I would like to welcome you to Kansas City! I have lived in this city all my life and I would like to share this guide with you! Below, I will share all the information needed to understand and fly in/out of this beautiful and underrated airport!

Credit

Terminals

The Airport in IF is sadly not updated as all the terminals were combined into one in february, 2023, you can track its progress here! I will be updating this topic, or making a new one when the airport is updated : ) There is 3 terminals here: A, B, and C, I cant find too much info about what airlines use what terminals so if you find it please let me know! I personally use terminal A for all flights because that is where the new terminal was placed. There is also a cargo section on the west side of the airport along with some parking on the east side of the airport. The east side of the airport (East of 1R/19L) is used to convert passenger planes to cargo planes vice versa, along with maintenance. Charter planes e.g. C17s park in between terminals B, and C.

Airlines and destinations

Passenger flights out of KMCI

Airlines Destinations
Air Canada Express Seasonal: Toronto–Pearson
Alaska Airlines Seattle/Tacoma Seasonal: Portland (OR)
Allegiant Air Seasonal: Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Punta Gorda (FL), St. Petersburg/Clearwater
American Airlines Charlotte, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, Phoenix–Sky Harbor Seasonal: CancĂșn (starts in Nov), Philadelphia, Washington–National
American Eagle Austin, Chicago–O’Hare, New York–LaGuardia, Philadelphia, Washington–National Seasonal: Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, Phoenix–Sky Harbor
Delta Air Lines Atlanta, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Salt Lake City, Seattle/Tacoma Seasonal: Boston, New York–LaGuardia
Delta Connection Boston, New York–JFK, New York–LaGuardia
Frontier Airlines Denver Seasonal: CancĂșn
JetBlue Boston, New York–JFK
Southwest Airlines Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, CancĂșn, Chicago–Midway, Dallas–Love, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Houston–Hobby, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, New York–LaGuardia, Oakland, Orlando, Phoenix–Sky Harbor, San Antonio, San Diego, St. Louis, Tampa, Washington–National Seasonal: Fort Myers, Milwaukee,[39] Minneapolis/St. Paul,[39] Montego Bay (begins October 7, 2023),[40] Myrtle Beach, Panama City (FL), Pensacola, Portland (OR), Raleigh/Durham, San JosĂ© del Cabo (begins October 7, 2023),[40] Sarasota, Seattle/Tacoma
Spirit Airlines Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando Seasonal: Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Myrtle Beach, Pensacola, Phoenix–Sky Harbor, Tampa
Sun Country Airlines Seasonal: Minneapolis/St. Paul
United Airlines Chicago–O’Hare, Denver, San Francisco Seasonal: Houston–Intercontinental, Newark, Washington–Dulles
United Express Chicago–O’Hare, Denver, Houston–Intercontinental, Newark, San Francisco, Washington–Dulles

Cargo flights out of KMCI

Runway Usage

KMCI has 6 runways, 1L, 19R, 1R, 19L, 09, 27. 1R/19L is rarely used, it is only used when the airport is super busy, or when the airplane need to park on the East side of the airport. 1L/19R will be your main runways to use, the wind is normally North or South. 09/27 is what runway you will use when winds are favoring with a speed of 5 knots or higher.

Aircraft Information

The biggest aircraft that has came to KMCI is a 747, I don’t know about the 747-8 but I do know 747-400s have came here and VC-25A has came here once (747-200). The biggest aircraft the flys here regularly is the 757, Delta recently upgraded from the B737-900 to the 757-200 and the 757-300. Our American Football team flies United 777s for charter flights, we also go as small as C172s for pattern work if ATC accepts it, we get all private international flights for customs, most domestic private flights go to KMKC

Again this is my first airport guide so please let me know if I am missing anything, happy flying!

11 Likes

You should add a spotting guide section :)

Nice guide though, I will definitely use this when I fly to Kansas City in Infinite Flight!

2 Likes

Noice just what i need to open a new destination to the hundreds that I have

in the MD11 ofc 😎

2 Likes

Your love for the MD-11 is the complete opposite of AvioesEJogos’s disdain for the A220, it’s incredible

Awesome guide! I’ll be sure to use this when I fly in or out of MCI!

3 Likes

Amazing guide here. I’m yet to fly to this airport from Long Beach.

I should create a guide on St. Barths and see how that would work out with the MD-11

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the nice replies!
@Darkspoul I think I might

2 Likes