Your first flight stories!

Hello community

Moderator notice: I didn’t find any duplicate topics to this, if there are any duplicates then you may close this or the other topics

Today I want to share with you my first ever live flight and I would also recommend you to share yours as well
Back in 2014 was the first logged flight I found on myself, and from the looks of it, it didn’t go well…
I can say I had more violations on my first on IF than I have had in months now, but remember, I was 10 years old at the time

Here you have the log if that flight

How was your first flight? Let us know :)

1 Like

My first flight was doing some pattern work with @AviationGaming on casual @ KBUR. I later flew my first Southwest flight from BUR-PHX to meet @Joseph007 and we flew up to Denver then Grand Rapids. This was all on Christmas 2018. Now I’m a grade 4 with nearly 900 hours in the sim. I’ve come a long way!

5 Likes

Can’t quite remember the details as it was rather a while ago, but from memory it involved an A340, some wind, and a fiery inferno.

3 Likes

How was it in 2018 your account is from 2016?

2 Likes

I can’t remember as it was years ago but probably something like a KLAX-KNUC in a 747.

1 Like

I found Infinte Flight in 2016 when it still had support for the kindle fire (Rip) and never bought a live sub.

2 Likes

My first flight on Live was from LFLL-LFPG. Before the flight began, I spent about an hour and a half on SimBrief.com, FPLtoIF.com, Liveflight.com, and Navigraph.com to create an FPL which I ended up not using because I decided that it would take too long to input 9 way points. So I made my own which had about 90 waypoints and made a typically 250nm flight turn into 450nm.I remember I got bored after about 10 minutes so I decided to divert my plane to LSGG, I did not encounter anyone else, although I was so worried that I decided not to use unicom at all in case I messed up (Of course I thought that no unicom was better than incorrect unicom). I landed over the MTOW at LSGG and taxiied to parking where I overran the parking line and ended up having my front wheel so far out that it would have gone through the terminal and would be on top of a poor car in a long term parking area at LSGG. This took a total of 25 minutes of flight time.

2 Likes

My first live flight was from KDCA-KJFK in a Delta E170, and it actually went mostly well. Back then I didn’t know that you didn’t announce pushback on unicom, so i announced taxi while pushing back.
I had an FPL that looked like KDCA RXXXX (I took off straight out for 5 nm off of 19) XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX RXXXX KJFK.
When I was inbound, I contacted tower for some reason even though approach was active. Approach guarded me many times and I didn’t contact them. ATC sent me to a different runway but I kept requesting 22R. I thought tower could give vectors and knew not to turn on my own without vectors on tower, but I was wrong, meaning I flew a 30 nm downwind for 22R (also unrealistic because of flying over Manhattan). Then, I was very slow for most of final, meaning i used more fuel than intended. I landed at -300 feet per minute. But after that, I was so happy that I landed safely.

3 Likes

First flight was a 717 in the Hawaiian livery. Had to be KSFO 😍

1 Like

It haven’t been much activity here🤔 I didn’t even remember that I made this😂

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the first flight be in casual?

My first flight with Infinite Flight was in late 2012 I believe. It was with the default C172 in the NorCal region which was at the time the default region after downloading the app. Managed to plant the gear into the ground at KSFO. 😂

3 Likes

My first flight was in solo in the Sydney region (I think) around 2013-2014 with the old 787. I remember the plane being very pixelated and not very good graphic-wise, flaps and gear extending immediately and landing with like -1500 fpm.

Also, RIP the beautiful water

2 Likes

This was before the grade 2 restriction for training was implemented.

Wow, you’ve been here for a long time

Yup, I’ve been flying for a year and a half

1 Like

My VERY first IF flight was pre global in like 2014 in a Singapore a380 around SFO. My first global flight was AUS-LAX

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.