Your first flight of your life

Your first flight can be considered as your life’s best memories. Idk if there’s already a topic about this but I want to talk about it anyways. 😂

My first flight was from Hong Kong to Singapore on Cathay Pacific Airbus A340 when I was 6.

Source: Wolfgang Kaiser (planespotters.net)

I think this flight has risen my interests in aviation cuz it was an amazing flight. 👍🏻
How’s your first flight experience, feel free to share yours down there ⬇️

20 Likes

This sounds like a fun topic!
I’m expecting a lot of “I don’t remember”s though

We’ll see!

5 Likes

You will sure remember if you are interested in aviation🤤

6 Likes

Based on an old email, my first flight was on September 4, 2006. I flew AA801 from DCA-ORD on N560AA, an MD-82.

6 Likes

I don’t remember

17 Likes

CUN to MEX
B738 AMX

3 Likes

Wow the Mad Dog! Sounds amazing 😍

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really happy it happened

I’m hoping to go on the DAT MD-80s in Europe

2 Likes

My first ever flight was in 2012. Flew Cebu Pacific on either their A319 or A320. I remember during takeoff, when we rotated, I panicked because the G force was squishing me to my seat.

2 Likes

My first flights occurred when I was 9 months old, so unless my parents search through their emails or something, I probably won’t remember. I’m pretty sure I flew a LH narrowbody, so likely one of their 737 Classics, then an Air Canada widebody, which was probably either a 330/340, or 767. If someone could find out what Air Canada operated to Frankfurt and Munich in the summer of 2004, that’d be great. Then finally an Air Canada transcontinental flight from YYZ-YEG. Maybe operated by a 762? Again, if someone could find out what ACA operated on that route in the summer of '04, I’d be thankful.

2 Likes

In 2000, I moved to the U.S from India at age 1, I don’t remember anything about the flights, but my parents said Hyderabad to Singapore (don’t remember airline) on the 1st leg, then Singapore to Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific) 2nd leg, and finally Hong Kong to San Francisco (Cathay Pacific).

5 Likes

Similar situation as me then. :). I moved from Russia to Canada when I was almost a year old. My parents said it was either Finnair or Lufthansa, but judging by the fact that Air Canada never operated to HEL, I’m guessing that it was in fact Lufthansa, then Air Canada (they’re sure it was an Air Canada flight across the pond).

3 Likes

Delta 737 (-800 or -900) PANC to KSEA. Wasn’t an avgeek back then, but I was excited to fly for the first time.

2 Likes

EWR-MCO JetBlue a320

Also wasn’t an avgeek at the time. I was excited to fly for the first time, but was more excited on going to Disney land.

2 Likes

I know that my first trip ever was to San Diego when I was a few months old. It was either on Continental or Southwest, not sure which. If it was Continental I would have flown AUS-IAH-SAN. If it was Southwest I would’ve likely flown AUS-PHX-SAN.

1 Like

The earliest flight I remember being on was flying from Las Vegas to Atlanta on a 757, then connecting on a Delta A330 to Paris in the fall of 2008/2009. My dad has told me that he’d taken me on a few other flights prior to that but I can’t recall them. Still, it was an interesting time to fly.

1 Like

YEG-SLC
airplane idk
airline idk

1 Like

San Francisco to Hong Kong (to Delhi) in the Cathay 777, too young to remember anything about it but that was my first flight

2 Likes

As of what my parents told me, my first flight was from Anchorage to Taipei on a B747 (then continuing to Manila) when China Airlines used to operate here.

1 Like

Orlando to Hawaii, Delta 767-300
I don’t remember it at all though because I was 5

1 Like