Your feedback is appreciated

Hi there! I was practicing landing my plane today, and got an absolute butter on the second try, and then proceeded to slam the nosegear into the ground. Here is the replay file. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys had feedback for me for landing speed, when to flare, how to keep centerline, etc.

Thanks!

1 Like

ˋ Feedback: it was really close to a tail strike ( can be avoided with more speed) 👇 ˋ

I hate when people punch the ground with the nose landing gear

can be more close to the touchdown zone but hard when using the short final

all other was good @Waxyscorpion308

3 Likes

@Yukiros_31 is this better?

Please ignore my parking job at the gate lol

What? your changed the link or other? I can’t see if not

Oh whoops

I forgot to change the link

@Yukiros_31 here is the actual video:

Don’t work this time sorry, it doesn’t upload

OML well I don’t have time to fix it RN but I can check it out later

It’s good but I think you don’t need to have the nose that high on touch down. I typically have it around 5 to 10 degrees pitch on touch down. Air speed depends on load but for around light loads, it’s about 120 to 125 knots. It’s also normal for the 737 to drop its nose really fast after touch down as well. You can see this in the video below.

1 Like

I typically bring the thrust back but try to hold the nose in the air for a little longer than normal on smoother landings, as it tends to be harder (for me at least) to make the nose gear softly touch down.

I looked at your video yesterday, so I’m going by memory a bit.

It looks pretty good actually: you’re fairly close to centerline, within the general landing zone, and VS at touchdown is well controlled.

When someone talks about whether “butter” or bounce, I always look at the FPV as the best judge of VS. How close you’ve moved the FPV to the horizon tells you whether you will bounce or not.

If the FPV is nearly hugging the horizon, the touchdown is guaranteed to be smooth (no bounce).

So the touchdown where you say main gear was buttered but the nose slammed down a bit:

You didn’t tail strike, though you required a high pitch at touchdown to be able to achieve low VS, as discussed by @Yukiros_31, @kinsehh , @Mort and @PhorzaSky.

As mentioned, a bit more forward speed allows you to still achieve a very low VS at a somewhat lower pitch angle.

This lower touchdown pitch at a bit higher speed should give you more “energy reserve” to control the pitch down of the nose wheel.

If your forward speed energy is too slow, you lose command authority over pitch control for the final stage: lowering the nose.

At the slightly higher speed, again just take a glance at the FPV to get “buttered.”

4 Likes

Can always count on adit for the most in depth answers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.