Your Experience with Military Aviation

For all those military aviation folks, and civilians that have flown on military aircraft. I’m wondering how many of you have flown on, rode on, maintained, or been around any military aircraft.

I’ve been on/ flown on Blackhawks, Huron’s, and the Mi-17 just to name a few.

5 Likes

btw this is more suitable for the #real-world-aviation topic

1 Like

Well my uncle is in the National guard so I have been in a chinook but that’s about it for military. Actually for being around I have been around C-130s F-18 and KC-135’s but never in

2 Likes

Still trying to figure out how to promote to the elusive TL2.

1 Like

Flown on Army Blackhawks and Air Force hueys.

2 Likes

I’ve been around blackhawks, F-18’s , F-14’s , F-16’s, a lot of old warbirds. C-130’s and I see a KC-135 from time to time

1 Like

A little off topic, did the Huey have a fortunate son button.

5 Likes

Huey’s a classic.

2 Likes

Haha I wish. Flight included a formation landing into a field with the doors open, which felt very fortunate son-ish. Sadly no door-mounted machine guns, although I’m sure the hardware to get that set up still exists. Also, from what I was told, the aircraft had combat deployments in Vietnam, although I was never able to confirm that.

2 Likes

I’m giving my best go at becoming a military pilot… I’m in the AFJROTC so I’m getting a head start of ROTC in high school before I head on to college ROTC.

1 Like

My experience with military aviation became fantastic after I applied to GAF (Global Air Forces).

We simulate real world procedures, we use all the aircraft in the military fleet and we fly all together!

I have tons of hours registered in the fighter jets for example, but we have other squadrons with different aircraft.

EAF Practicing Aer refuelling

EAF During a formation flight

Suggest to apply if you want to make your experience much better.

3 Likes

Pretty neat group from what I read. I want to check it out further later on when I have more time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.