Your biggest fear in a IF Flight / ATC Controlling

Hello guys!
Here’s my topic purpose.
What do you fear the most when you’re flying / Controlling?

For me, while controlling it’s that my wifi simply cut. And in flight that is that I come back with violations and casual.

I’m sure you will have a lot of funny stories!
G’ day!

7 Likes

When flying: crashing
When controlling: don’t have a fear

3 Likes

I’d have to say not planning enough, I do plan often for my flights when I do fly, but Its a fear I didn’t plan enough.

As for ATC, just messing up for me. Really

7 Likes

My biggest fear is the game crashing, heavy wind shear at my destination, or the autopilot disabling itself (like what can happen in the A321).

I worry about forgetting someone or ghosting the wrong person when controlling.

5 Likes

Flying: Crashing 😣
Controlling: Causing a Crash

2 Likes

@JacksonAviation We’re two.

1 Like

Oh I already encountered this (AP Disconnect) and when it happened, I planned my flight so well.
Fear, people, fear the AP.

5 Likes

Every time I’m controlling in my head
Did I send the right command, do there’s spacing?
Always questioning myself. On every single command. Even a Pushback clearance.

2 Likes

You’re lucky!

1 Like

How? Crashing isn’t lucky lol

1 Like

To have no fear while controlling haha

1 Like

Well that’s because I never control

1 Like

Oh that explains this 😅

2 Likes

Vectoring @deercrush- oh wait that was @Chris_Hoover

9 Likes

Loss of wifi

2 Likes

And having everyone on the frequency sending messages at one time.

3 Likes

Well, one of my biggest fears is if I decide to do an overnight long haul and I get up the next morning and find my autopilot disconnected and I got a million violations as a result 😂. I’m new with long haul in Infinite flight so I just try to do them during the day 👍

2 Likes

I fell asleep and the plane passed my final destination, and I pass once when I flew from Denver to Mexico.
Another is that I cut the wifi or that my messages do not reach the controller while I am in flight approaching landing

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it a fear but I hate it when I come into a situation while flying where I am simply not able to communicate my exact intentions to ATC. I have to describe them with the options we have, but I cannot share them clearly for example when I want to divert or approach onto a specific runway at an airport close to the controlled field, …

That’s a difficulty where you could easily be ghosted because ATC misunderstood your intentions. As I was never ghosted before I guess I did everything right so far. But you never know.

2 Likes

Don’t really have any

1 Like