"You were already instructed to change frequency"

Hi. I was wondering, why do the ATC on the Advanced Server tell me that I was “already instructed to change frequency” when they clearly haven’t?! Am I missing something?

They did they said taxi to runway xx contact tower when ready

If you look on line two, it says, “Corporate55, taxi to xx, contact tower when ready

There is no need to ask to switch to tower. Simply hold short at the line and contact tower when ready. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hi, yes, thank you! I just realised when I posted this! That’s so stupid of me! Thanks anyway :)

Joe, I can help with this.

When you requested taxi, the controller told you to taxi to runway 09 AND “contact tower when ready”. Basically you don’t need to request frequency chance if they tell you to taxi and contact tower when ready. In heavy traffic where there are many arrivals and departures, air traffic controllers get really busy and don’t have the time to ask you to change frequency to tower. I hope this helped

1 Like

Hi, yes I literally just realised as soon as i’d posted it! That’s so silly of me!!

No worries! Sometimes we just hear commands and never actually think about what they’re saying. Most of the time their instruction is quite literal. Have fun!

2 Likes

Hi, thank you so much. As soon as I posted this I read it again and realised what it said!! I can’t believe that I didn’t see it, it’s so silly of me! Thanks again :)

1 Like

Don’t be too hard on yourself. You are not stupid/silly, we all make mistakes

1 Like

That’s very kind, thank you :)

2 Likes