You know you’re an aviation enthusiast when

When you have enough aviation books that you can find this.

Two different books by two different authors with two pictures by two different photographers at the same airport taking a picture of the same guy inspecting the same plane, taken just seconds apart from each other.
Note, the two pictures were taken at the revealing of the Comet. There were many photographers there, but the fact the two pictures that are so similar are in two different books that I posses is kinda cool.
What are your “you know your an avgeek when” moments?

47 Likes

Also, I couldn’t seem to find any similar topics, however, if there is feel free to pm me and I’ll get a mod to close it.

2 Likes

You know your an aviation enthusiast when…
You have an airline galley cart, a hundred model aircraft, go to VCV airport atleast once a week, get a tour at boeing, a tour at an aircraft painter, a tour at the GE facility at VCV, and had planned your own airline (but who hasn’t? 😜).

16 Likes

Oh. Wow. That’s… next level.

2 Likes

When you wanna fly just to fly and come back the same day just to fly in a plane that’s flying.

When you’re way ahead of being able to start training for your PPL but you’re studying late nights anyway

When you’re this kid

😂

15 Likes

When you read operation manuals for the 737 family

6 Likes

This topic is such a great idea!

2 Likes

The thing that all avgeeks can relate to is having everyone stare at you while you take pictures of planes

26 Likes

You know you’re an aviation enthusiast when you know the difference between an aircraft and airplane.

8 Likes

Or have security chase you at the airport for taking pictures a little too close to the gate

6 Likes

Well…maybe not all avgeeks 😂

2 Likes

Then you are not a true avgeek 😂

4 Likes

I agree. I was at a hotel near KRNO and the security guards started staring at me like I was the devil even though I was just watching the planes come and go…

3 Likes

When you have to explain in detail both mechanically and cost wise why a Bell 505 would be better to operate than an Airbus H145 and a Robinson R66

5 Likes

When you are able to go on a trip to a really amazing place with loads of tourists and attractions but you are more excited to fly there.

(Actually happened, when I went to Washington D.C. I was really excited about flying there)

6 Likes

The best part of vacations is the “getting there” bit of it.
Until your mom says that we shouldn’t go visit her parents because you only like the “plane ride”.

3 Likes

When you bore everyone else in you class with your avgeekery talk on the school trip to D.C.

This happened to me last year.

When we had gotten off the plane at Dulles and had gotten on that weird subway car with offroad tires that takes you from concourse to concourse I was just giving out random facts about each plane I saw. I swear, probably half the people on that thing wanted to shove a sock down my throat to shut me up. And then the return trip a week later wasn’t much better for them either.

4 Likes

This brings up a fond memory of mine…

It was a field trip to a research center by KSNA, and we were eating on the park right under the departure path of the 20R departure. As I was eating my sandwich, I was looking at FlightRadar24 (of course, to see planes). As every departure passed for the good 35-45 minutes we were at that park, I chattered on about the route, aircraft, airframe, and SID, while explaining everything that was being said on liveatc.net. Yeah, that was probably when my classmates realized that I was a nerd. To this date, they still don’t know what a METAR is, so my mission was failed. Just kidding.

I love aviation, no matter what others think of it, and I think that it is the same for all of you in this community.

4 Likes

😑😑😑 take that back

2 Likes

You are on an IFC topic and you can’t say anything that hasn’t already been mentioned a billion times…

😂🤣

Also why am I up at 4:30am 😂

4 Likes