“You can’t log in as Marshall_Hilfman from that IP address”

Hey community. I recently recieved my dad’s old iPad and went to sign into the IF Community, but a message appeared saying: “You can’t log in as Marshall_Hilfman from that IP address.” How am I supposed to log in from the iPad with my account?

3 Likes

What kind of account do you have google? maybe possibly a google 2 step verification?

It’s a simple email account where I type my username in the box.

Are you logging in from a differnet network or device?

1 Like

yes but what type of account is your IF account under?

1 Like

Yep, that’s the point here. I usually use my iPhone but can’t with this new iPad.

Probably because your IP address may be blocked. If that’s the case then you should contact a moderator.

3 Likes

That’s what I said bobo. Not any type, just the regular email. Not google or Facebook or other.

oh ok so try logging in on a diffrent device on the same wifi network and try that like a phone or another ipad if possible and see if it might be something with your wifi. that would be my suggestion.

1 Like

I used to have this problem to do with IP Adresses etc. All you need to do is message a mod and they can whitelist your IP and it’ll stop this from occurring.

3 Likes

Did you use your secondary account on your dad’s iPad before it was deleted? That is most likely the reason to why this is happening.

I think that you can’t log in on the same account on diffrent IP address

PM