Yoke or sidestick?

What do you prefer the original boeing yoke or the airbus joystick ?
Someone can make a poll i don’t no how it’s works

2 Likes
  • Sidestick
  • Yoke

0 voters

4 Likes

Thank you very much

1 Like

I prefer the side sticks, but yokes are not bad either.

100% Yoke!

Side sticks are good but in my personal opinion Yokes give more control to the Pilot, hey they might give the same amount of control but I believe controlling the aircraft with two hands is better than one.

Great debate though :)

5 Likes

Sidestick, I fly Airbus a lot.

4 Likes

You fly with one hand with a yoke as well.

3 Likes

Sidestick, It’s better to use as a pilot should only be using one hand for the yoke, and one for the throttle

3 Likes

I love the yoke, i feel way more in control with it rather than the sidestick.

3 Likes

When I fly (Real) I use both hands for landing and taking off, I know they are mainly operated by one hand, and of course you use the other hand for thrust.

1 Like

I prefer a yoke or a joystick (the kind that is in-between your legs and not to the side).

1 Like

The nice thing about the Yoke is the feedback that it gives to the other pilot. Essentially they operate in the same way (Boeing 777 & Airbus) as the 777 feeds the sensor unit in the floor under the Yoke whereas the Airbus has it under the side stick.

Personally I never had an issue with the Airbus side stick once you get used to the fact that it’s a roll rate demand system. You can’t ‘hold’ aileron with it! (you’ll just continue to roll!) whereas you can hold into wind aileron on the Boeings.

What I didn’t like on the Airbus however was not being able to ‘feel’ what my colleague was doing, especially in critical phases of flight. Couple that with additive stick demands and recovering from potentially botched landings was interesting to say the least.

The big Boeing is much nicer!

7 Likes

I’d rather feel like I’m flying a plane than playing a video game:-)

1 Like

If a traditional yoke could be integrated into the nice flow of the rest of the Airbus cockpit I would be impressed.

Yeah the problems of not knowing what your co pilot or captain is doing is a big problem as shown by Air France 447. If the captain knew the co pilot was pulling up on the side stick the plane could have been saved

4 Likes

100% Yoke!

2 Likes

The side stick is not that bad as you think

1 Like

True, in some cases.

1 Like

Both, but I like the side stick as it feels nicer and has a more modern look.

2 Likes

No doubt XD as I said it’s my personal opinion :)

Sully landed in the Hudson with a side stick so they can’t be that bad just my personal opinion buddy ! :)

2 Likes