Yoke for infinite flight.

Ive been searching around for yoke support on IFC but only came across support for Joysticks.
Are yokes compitable with IF through LiveFlight

2 Likes

The Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Cheap and easy to use.

1 Like

That’s what I use, works amazing

2 Likes

I believe that is a joystick.
I already have a yoke on order for XP11 and wanted to know if it works for IF as well.

Yoke

I may be wrong but my friend has the Logitech Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and just connects it through LiveFlight.

I’m getting this Yoke right now! May I ask how you work the rudder on the yoke? I know there is a way but I want to know for sure.

You “twist” the stick. But twisting it left will turn the plane right and the opposite turning it to the right. (Inverted)

Seems I can’t get a definitive answer 😂
I’ll update this thread when I get it and tell you if it works.

Yes. The yoke works through LiveFlight Connect (if on iOS). If you are planning on purchasing the rudder pedals, they have a bug where if you press down to brake, they glitch the controls. This is because, in IF, they are a button, but for the pedals, they are an axis, so that feature can’t be used. But, yes, the yoke & throttle work just fine.

1 Like

I’m sure this has been said.

But, if you’re looking for a cheaper option, then go with the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. Incredibly cheap, has plenty of programmable buttons, and a switch that you can use for throttle. I personally use this at the moment. Rudder controls are used by twisting the stick to the left or right.

Another option if you’re looking for a yoke specifically is the Logitech G Saitek PRO Flight Yoke System. This option is more expensive, but is probably the best mainstream yoke out there. It has quite a few programmable buttons, including an actual separate throttle quadrant (which my friend has told me he can also use for reverse thrust, not sure if it actually works however). Bear in mind this doesn’t have a way to control rudders. You’ll have to purchase some sort of rudder pedals. I’m not quite sure as to how well they work.

Both of these can run on LiveFlight Connect, a desktop application that can simulate a Networked Joystick to IF via the Infinite Flight Connect API. Getting it to work is as simple as launching the application, plugging the joystick or yoke into your computer, and opening IF on the same internet network as the desktop.

Hope this helps!

It does work for reverse thrust.

I’m getting Logitech G Flight Yoke System and Throttle Quadrant so your info has been helpful .

1 Like