Yo guys I’m still confused

So basically, I have done all the steps according to infinite flight tutorials, but I still can’t let the appr land for me because there is one issue: under the appr button in the auto pilot controls, there is still a blink word “vs”, I know it means vertical speed, but can someone help me fix this problem? I usually fly an Airbus A330-300, what would be the best vertical speed to land and when to start descending for it

Sorry wrong account lol, Just make sure you have the ILS set to NAV1, soeed under 250, and vertical speed enabled, it doesn’t matter what vertical speed is

1 Like

So if it is blinking, it doesn’t matter? Like will appr set the vertical speed?

When it is blinking, that means you aren’t on the glide slope, you are either too high or too low

@AARONGAMEZ30 take a look at this video tutorial:

and make sure your weight is in green or white

Just make sure you turn on APPR from below the glide slope. It’s usually best to be in level flight. The LOC (localiser) and GS (glideslope) on the APPR button will start blinking orange. Once you intercept the LOC, it will turn solid green. Once you intercept the glide slope, the airplane will start to descend and the GS will turn green.

I watched it already, but thanks anyways

1 Like

Alright, I’m new so don’t make fun of me, but what is glide slope? And what is considered below the glide slope?

Don’t worry, we all have to start somewhere :)

The approach you’re flying is an ILS (instrument landing system). It’s made up of a localiser and a glide slope.

The localiser is a radio signal directs the airplane horizontally to align it with the runway. You can actually see it on the map screen as a red triangle extending from the runway. In the cockpit, you can see it below the artificial horizon.

The localiser is the purple diamond. It’s slightly, very slightly, to my left, but it’s mostly centred, so I’m on path.

The glide slope is the signal that directs the plane vertically. You can’t see it on the map since it’s about your altitude, but in the cockpit it’s next to the altimeter.

The airplane here is, again very slightly, above the glideslope, i.e. too high. But since it’s such a small deviation it’s fine. You’re looking to get it as close to the yellow line showing your altitude.

The ILS is explained in this video between 2:00 and 4:30.

To engage APPR, you need to be below the glide slope (i.e. too low). APPR will then maintain your altitude until you are on the glideslope (the right altitude), and start descending with it.

Hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

What happened to the other thread?
It just diaappeared