XY_MAGIC’s Radar Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @N/A

Welcome to my radar tracking thread. This threads helps me improving my radar skills and provides a way to control more than just one IFATC training session a day. Information on how to participate and what to do can be found bellow.

Step 1

Select any Airliner, private or fight jet (preferably with functioning ILS function).

Step 2

Spawn at the airport I opened or at any airport next to it.

Step 3

Depart and request any approach (ILS, GPS, VIS or RV) for one of the selected runways.

Session information

Airport: N/A
Runway: N/A
Server: Training
Frequencies: Approach

If you would like to be tagged once I open feel free to inform me bellow.

5 Likes

Back in the training! Nice :)

Lucky guy…training with @Antoine_Turrian is amazing!

2 Likes

Yes, long time no sessions. even had to create a new thread lol

Coming! And feel free to tag me when you open again. Happy to see you back on training!

1 Like

I will for sure be there and tag me too

1 Like

oh yes, he was also my tower trainer. really enjoying the sessions and whole process with him.

1 Like

Will head that way soon and add me to the list.

1 Like

Please ping when you’re open! 🙂

1 Like

Tag me next time!

1 Like

Hey! @XY_MAGIC
Feedback OK-LOL

ILS:

→ My only issue was on my first approach. Where the base turn was issued a bit too soon. Normally you should turn aircraft at least 2nm from the end of the cone to leave some room for the aircraft to make the final/intercept turn properly.

→ Also my intercept was 20 degrees at 360. should’ve been 30 degrees with heading 350.

That’s all thanks for the service! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

thanks a lot for the feedback :)

1 Like

Now closed

• Second vector and descent altitude put me in conflict with very high terrain. Had to stop the descent and delay the turn. If conditions were IMC, it wouldn’t have been possible to remain clear

• Initial approach - 3000’ as the intercept altitude was correct, heading and distance were not. Once cleared, I was already above G/S and overshot the LOC.

• Missed Approach - Spot on with the vectors and altitude and you caught the speed. Good job.

• ILS 2 - Intercept heading was better, but again the distance to the approach path when cleared was insufficient. Was above the G/S and caused the AP to hunt the localizer.

Look forward to the next session. Thanks for the service.

1 Like

Session information

Airport: LSGG
Runway: 04
Server: Training
Frequencies: Approach

@FN60fps @FlightG @Metier @Henrik003 @Butter575

2 Likes

Session finished

Thanks everyone

1 Like

I just passed my practical last night and am now an IFATC Officer. Thanks a lot @Antoine_Turrian for being my Trainer and thanks a lot @NJ24 for being my Recruiter. Also THANK YOU everyone who helped me with achieving this ❤️

12 Likes

Welcome to the officer rank!

5 Likes