XP For Flights

I think that you don’t get enough XP for flights in Live. I understand that many people are getting on to the expert server to ruin the experience for players, hence the upgrade of XP to reach grade 3. But for a 35-40 minute flight from Singapore Changi to Kuala Lumpur Intl’ only gets you around 500XP. What do you think?

There’s not much skill as you can use autopilot and sit back. The skill is landing so the better landing you have the more XP. try flying patterns for more XP

5 Likes

If you want to get much XP in a short time, you can do touch’n goes :)

6 Likes

i think the amount of experience is just fine. In real life you need to fly numerous hours to gain enough experience to even be considered for a license. Think of the expert server as what it takes to get your pilots license.

2 Likes

It’s fine the way it is. 500XP for 30 (what I get all the time) is a good amount of XP considering how much it takes to move up Grades. If you want to get more XP per flight you’d have to increase XP requirements for each grade, which defeats the purpose of getting more XP in a flight.

2 Likes

Think about XP is for actually doing stuff. Flying on autopilot for an hour is really not doing much. About 150-200 of your xp came from your landing. That is why if you search the forum regarding building XP everyone will tell you to do patterns. Take off, circle, and land at the airport. This builds up your XP but also your landing count and more importantly your skill of flying. Just stick to it and you can move up.

6 Likes

In the same time you could have 2k XP if you would have done touch and goes.

1 Like

Once you start to fly on Expert it’s not so much about the XP it’s more about honing your skills as a pilot.

3 Likes

Once I did really tight touch and goes for 30 minutes, and I got 1500XP. Try that!

1 Like

doing touch and goes gives you great XP

1 Like

once i got 4000 XP for doing touch and goes.

1 Like

Just flying doesn’t give a lot of XP for a reason – people could then just take off and leave their devices, and say - go to work. It would then just haul up XP really fast, without doing anything. If you want XP – do T&G’s :)

2 Likes

how long for?

My flight hours to xp is almost exactly 1,000 xp per hour. I like to do 30 min ish flights and get 500 per trip.

Fly doing pattern work with a several amount of touch and goes using the right commands and you’ll get more than 500XP in less than 20 mins :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.