Xiamen 737 has reportedly crash landed at Manila International Airport

A Xiamen Airlines jet has crashed while landing at Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport

According to the Chinese news agency, the Xiamen Airlines Boeing 737-800 skidded off the runway during landing, causing one of the plane’s engines to detach from the wing. The flight reportedly involved in the incident is CXA8667.

Radar Image

Read here for more info and photos

13 Likes

Gosh not another accident. My condolences to everyone on board.

12 Likes

This year has really been a bad one. I hope we don’t see any more incidents by the end of the year.

10 Likes

Thats like 3 major incidents just in the last 2-3 weeks!

3 Likes

That is a weird flight plan too.

1 Like

This year has Been auful compared to last year, my thoughts go out to anyone onboard and effected by this. I wonder what caused this.

2 Likes

My prayers go to those involved and their friends and family. Hope no one got any serious injuries.

1 Like

Thankfully their were no fatalities in the accident.

3 Likes

Third engine separation I’ve seen this year!
Anyone remember this
I really am glad to see that no fatalities are reported. And @TheFlyingKiwi I’m sorry if that’s off topic!

2 Likes

Oh thank god. That is good news.

2 Likes

Pilots and atc should really be more cautious about letting planes land in heavy thunderstorms. And there were heavy thunderstorms at the time of this incident!

1 Like

If I am not mistaken the engines are designed to break away in cases like this? I thought I read that when it was mentioned about the one in Mexico.

Video from inside.

5 Likes

Prayers go out to those affected. This has beem a horrible few weeks.

1 Like

If you look in that video, the plane was left of the centerline before touchdown, and nearly off the runway when the main gears made contact with the runway.

1 Like

Weather looks bad too

The fact that they landed quite far on the runway,I think this is pilot error as it should had been a go-around

1 Like

Most likely otherwise I assume the wing would get ripped off or the plane could flip.

I hear two different stories. One says the plane overshot the runway, and the other says it skidded off the runway

Well do you mean overshot or overran? Because they mean two very different things as overran is where the plane touches down but does not stop in time and overshot is where it crashes past the runway

The site is saying it overshot