XCub landings won't count

Hello IFC, I’ve been doing TnGs in KSEA for around 10 minutes using the XCub and noticed that some landings won’t count. It’s weird because the landings only count when your speed upon touchdown is 45-47 kts, is this a bug or am I doing it wrong? I’m currently grinding 70 landings for Grade 5.

Also, any airports with multiple runways you guys recommend for TnG? (except KEDW).

Thanks and stay safe :)

1 Like

Hi there, for your landings to count you need to land on the runway with the main gear. There is no speed restriction but there are safeguards in place to prevent multiple landings. For example you can’t go up and down multiple times on the same pass and get multiple landings that way. You may need to just take longer to do your pattern.

1 Like

KORD is a great one. I usually use a TBM

1 Like

Make sure there is 30 seconds in between each landing, and that you are landing on the actual runway, not the blastpad.

If you land less than 30 seconds since your last one, it will not count.

3 Likes

Okay first of all, why?!

Second, you need to stay on the ground for at least 10 seconds I believe. Then it will count the landing.

This is incorrect.

As for airports, I suggest KORD or EHAM, due to the fact that there are a lot of runways.

1 Like

Oh I guess I am just dumb.

1 Like

Is there a time limit between landings to prevent this? I’ve done patterns at KDEN and just go clockwise and about half the landings count.

Read my post above, it is 30 seconds.

1 Like

Landings that take longer than 30 seconds have a better chance of sticking.

There is not a time limit on the ground. The main gear needs to land on the runway.

You need to be at an appropriate landing speed. Slamming into the runway at 300 kts is probably not the best way to land.

3 Likes

Didn’t know that’s a requirement, I’ll try that later.

Okay, thanks for the tip. Still learning the plane to fly.

1 Like

“Land”🙇🏻‍♂️

I tried everyone’s tips. Every landings now count, my newbie side really flared when I shouldn’t. Grade 5 here I come. :D

1 Like

If you have the guts and like challenges…try patterns at WMBT in both directions in a prop…but have some Dramamine nearby…you probably will need it…and l will try to attend your memorial service over the net from my underground bomb shelter if the wi-fi does not come down with a virus !

2 Likes

Now that’s a hard one!

1 Like

Just in case anyone is still unsure and/or wants the full landing criteria, they are as follows:

• No landing (touchdown of wheels) in the last 30 seconds
  • Touchdown has to be on a runway
  • At least one main gear (not steering wheel) touching the ground
  • Ground speed must be above 10kts

If you follow these criteria, your landings should be added.

2 Likes

I think you need to go above a certian altitude? I belive its 500ft agl

1 Like

Some great philosopher or mil hero once said…when the going gets tough…the tough get going…remember that and you can almost accomplish the impossible !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.