Xbox One S controller As joystick for iOS 13

So today i was searching as I don’t have a yoke or joystick and thought how can I use my Xbox One S controller and customise the buttons. I checked and as I only have ios12 and ios13 wasn’t out until September 29-30th I saw videos on how to connect the controller with iOS 13 so I did some digging and read that you can go onto the Apple website and download ios13 before it gets released here: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/ Once you’ve signed in with your Apple ID it will give you a beta and then Boom hook the Bluetooth up and your away. I did some testing earlier and customised the buttons and it’s so much more enjoyable to fly in max weather as you have a much greater strength on the rudder for the crab and no hud as the buttons set the flaps,trim,gear and so on. So if anyone has a One S controller and wants to give it a go the links above and enjoy (MUST BE A ONE S OR X CONTROLLER)

7 Likes

Wait, I thought it was released already?

1 Like

I have one but how do I connect it through Bluetooth?

2 Likes

iOS 13 will be officially released on September 19th. Currently, you can access the beta version of the OS by enrolling using the link provided by OP. Then, you will be able to play around with the features in the beta version.

1 Like

How did you assign your Controller functions?
like what controls throttles, the triggers?

1 Like

You can get the beta version until it’s released and then it’ll connect via Bluetooth then go onto control settings in finite flight and assign your buttons and axis 👊🏻

The back triggers control the throttle the the right joystick controls rudder and I set some buttons for rudder,trim a/p and gear and left the arrows free so I can look around plus the best thing is no HUD so the airbus family can have a live flight and cockpit now 👊🏻

1 Like

Copy and paste the link in my post and just sign into your iCloud and Apple will let you download there beta ios13 as your controller won’t connect on iOS 12 and also will only connect with a concert one S controller or X 👊🏻

I did it already but I think it’s not for me honestly. Thanks though!

1 Like

Only problem for me is how to stand my XR lol your welcome bro 👊🏻👍🏻

1 Like

Tried it! And pretty hard

1 Like

Google it! There are so many diy stands which materials that you could have at home or work!

1 Like

Turn down your sensitivity on roll and pitch to about under a quarter and set the right joystick for the rudder and you’ll want your A & B buttons for trim up and down as the aircraft can change its pitch from throttles

Thanks bro I’m going to do that 😁👊🏻

1 Like

Does this actually work?

1 Like

Course it does landing accuracy for me is so much more better especially in max weather you move the joystick many many times to correct where as your hands in max weather you’ll look like your driving a racing car full lock 😂

1 Like

Wow I’ll try it

1 Like

Thanks 🙏 buddy.

1 Like

It works for Xbox one controller right?

1 Like

No problem my man hope it helps 👊🏻