WSSS Changi Airport Runways

would love to see the updated WSSS airport with the taxiways to the left & right of 20C/02C as well as all three runways being connected to WSSS.

2 Likes

Hey there, welcome back to the community!
Singapore Changi is technically 2 different airports due to the airbase, the only thing about them is that there is a taxi way connecting them, So 20L/02R is WSAC (Changi airbase) runway, as with the taxiways on the left and right of 20C/02C, the taxiway that you are mentioning does not exist IRL (refer to WSSS chart) Therefore it would not be put into IF.

2 Likes

Domt they use WSAC for WSSS departures tho

2 Likes

They do ! In fact 02R/20L is used for departures while the Center runway is still undergoing repair works. Departing via 02R will always result in EXTREMELY long taxi times. But usually it is a 20L departure. I don’t exactly know when they will open up 02C/20C though.

2 Likes

Yeah just done some research too, the 20C/02C is closed currently whilst Terminal 5 is under production!

At the moment due to construction

2 Likes

It’ll be great if the Center runway opens up irl so that I don’t feel so illegal taking off on 02C/20C 😂

2 Likes

Yeah true haha 😂

1 Like

I do agree. We should combine the airbase and the airport as they have been combined IRL. This will prevent people from landing on 02C/20C

1 Like

yah it does exist - just it is currently under construction and there are no updated satellite images apart from this one.

2 Likes

We’re aware of the airport having been merged.
Just to be transparent, this currently isn’t a high priority on our issue backlog, as it requires some changes on our end to properly support merging airports (which is not very common), but it will be looked into when we can.

5 Likes

My g, always

Yep center runway wont be opened anytime soon prob till terminal 5 is completed

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.