Wrong ILS course at EVRA

I might be stupid, but when I click on “set NAV1” at runway 18, it sets the course to 174 instead of 178 (the real one which is also displayed under the runway information tab at EVRA) degrees, so you manually have to correct it if you don’t want to end up somewhere else. Is this a Navblue issue, or can this be fixed (or am I stupid?)?

2 Likes

Hello, @MxP!

This is an interesting issue you’re experiencing, especially since the LOC and GS headings are 185.139° and 185.29°, respectively.

LOC.json

{
“name”: “ILS-cat-I”,
“airportICAO”: “EVRA”,
“identifier”: “IAO”,
“associatedRunwayNumber”: “18”,
“frequency”: 110300,
“elevation”: 34,
“latitude”: 56.904111,
“longitude”: 23.967972,
“bearing”: 185.139,
“receptionRange”: 18,
“type”: 4
},

Glideslope.json

{
“name”: “GS”,
“airportICAO”: “EVRA”,
“identifier”: “IAO”,
“associatedRunwayNumber”: “18”,
“frequency”: 110300,
“elevation”: 34,
“latitude”: 56.932306,
“longitude”: 23.970639,
“bearing”: 185.29,
“glideslope”: 3.00185145,
“receptionRange”: 10
},

The discrepancy between Runway 18’s heading in Infinite Flight and the LOC/Glideslope files makes sense, as this airport’s last navigation update was three years before EVRA’s last 2D update. However, I am unsure why the course is set to 174°… that is nowhere in any ERVA-related file.

Regardless, I just tested this out myself, and the ILS captured fine—it brought me down to the runway with no issues, too. Perhaps you did not have “Source NAV 1” enabled in the “NAV” sub-menu?

Please note that the LOC.json and Glideslope.json files are in an archived repository and will no longer be edited using the former method. Changes to all approach-related information are most likely handled internally until airport editing reopens.

2 Likes

Hello! We are aware and investigating. Thank you!

2 Likes