WOW Airlines Ceases operations officially

BREAKING

WOW has officially ceased operations From their website:

" ## End of Operation of WOW AIR

Information for WOW AIR passengers

WOW AIR has ceased operation. All WOW AIR flights have been cancelled.

How will I reach my destination?

Passengers are advised to check available flights with other airlines.

Some airlines may offer flights at a reduced rate, so-called rescue fares, in light of the circumstances. Information on those airlines will be published, when it becomes available.

What are my rights?

Passengers whose ticket was paid with a credit card are advised to contact their credit card company to check whether a refund of the ticket cost will be issued.

Passengers who bought their ticket from a European travel agent (within the European Economic Area) as a part of a package tour (a package which includes flights and accommodation or other services) are protected by the Package Travel Directive. Those passengers are advised to contact their travel agent to arrange an alternative flight.

Passengers who may have bought travel protection, or those passengers whose credit card terms may include such protection, may be entitled to claim compensation and assistance due to delays or travel disruption. However, such compensation is often limited.

Passengers may also be entitled to compensation from WOW AIR, including in accordance with European regulation on Air Passenger Rights. In case of a bankruptcy, claims should be filed to the administrator / liquidator.

Where can I get up-to-date information?

This announcement will be published and continuously updated on the following websites:

WOW finally ceases operations after the banks reopped one of their aircraft. After months of failed communication between Iceland Air group buying them out and the banks they have ceased operations.

42 Likes

Uh oh, that’s a bummer :(

Good bye TF-DAD, TF-MOM, TF-GAY 😭

46 Likes

It’s sad see them go I was hoping use them some time

2 Likes

WOW(not a pun),a real bummer. Not a large shock though,after suspending flights to several destinations in the US due to financial issues. I’ll miss their unique flare and pink livery.

And to say we just got the WOW Air livery on the A330.

10 Likes

Wow. I’m sad to see WOW go. I really liked their livery and their uniqueness.

But it’s not a huge surprise. After the financial struggles this was only a matter of time.

Bye bye WOW. :(

3 Likes

Wondering if PP would see this… how sad Wow 😪

3 Likes

Yikes, looks like no more purple, pink planes for our skies anymore…😔

At least we can still fly the A330 in the sim, I guess. ☹️

5 Likes

Very sad. Just like other people have said, I’m going to miss that livery. We can still have it in Infinite Flight, though. 😏

I think everyone kinda knew that they would have to cease operations at some point, because they’ve been removing destinations for financial reasons, and they’ve been struggling in general.

3 Likes

A lot of us saw it when they began having financial issues and the banks were getting more involved I believe.

2 Likes

It’s sad to see any airline stop ceasing operations. :(

1 Like

Rest In Peace WOW air, may you rest with your beautiful past with you

1 Like

That’s sad. I wish icelandair could have taken them in earlier :(

1 Like

I’m going to fly a commemorative flight from Gatwick to Newark via Keflavík, spawning at 1200Z. Hopefully a few others will join in

1 Like

WOW Air commemorative flight - departing 1200Z

1 Like

WOW (no pun intended) I did not expext this to happen so quickly. I got to fly on WOW Air a few times and all experiences were worthwhile.

Sad to say goodbye to their aircraft especially the ones with the odd registrations as @George mentioned.

RIP WOW: You had a good life!

6 Likes

There’s always Wizz Air…

1 Like

I always hate seen any airline go out of business… sucks for all that now find themselves unemployed.

Do you think this livery will be removed in if?

WOW, what a shame… well I’m glad that I was able to get at least one picture of her. So I thought I’d like to share it with the community approaching 24R at CYUL July 2017

2 Likes

I don’t think so at all.