Would you fly on a 737 MAX

So I was wondering if you would fly on the 737 MAX.

• No
  • Yes
  • Only if it was rebranded by Boeing
  • Only if Vin Scully was the pilot

0 voters

3 Likes

How would “rebranding” be a solution

11 Likes

People wouldn’t be scared if it was under a different name for some people.

1 Like

I’m seriously wondering what Vin Scully has to do with this post at all…?

6 Likes

If Boeing survives through this, you can bet the 737 Max will be the safest aircraft to fly.

15 Likes

Well he is a good pilot and people might not be scared if he flew it.

1 Like

Vin Scully is a retired sports announcer for the LA Dodgers…

4 Likes

Maybe did you mix up “Scully” with “Sully”? 😂

6 Likes

Yeah did mix that up will fix that

2 Likes

And this is why rational answers should never be sought from people.

11 Likes

Will change later have to go

1 Like

I think Vin Scully works. At least he’d tell a neat story over the PA…

5 Likes

Personally I’m not scared to fly on the 737 max with the high amount of flight hours they have. However with some airlines I wouldn’t fly it. Also if I happen to see that a flight I am buying is operated by a B38M, I would just choose another flight.

In other words, not scared to fly it but not trying to either

2 Likes

I would have no problem flying on US registered 737 Max today or even before they were grounded.

3 Likes

There’s no way to know that for certain, although I strongly hope there are no future accidents.

Um, yes they would, unless they lack basic intelligence. Boeing does not equal FBI, the people will know

I would be so grateful if I got to fly on a MAX! Always been one of my dreams. ;D

2 Likes

It would probably fool a lot of people. Honestly, most don’t even care what plane they’re on.

Yea but it wouldn’t fool EASA, and other aircraft certification companies.

Why would you not fly it? If you spent $5000 to go on a vacation of a lifetime and the only way to reach the destination is by plane on the Boeing 737 MAX, would you decide to not go because of a meager 3 hour plane ride? Probably not.

The media likes fear-mongering the general public. Sure, the plane had a technical malfunction which caused 2 crashes in a short time span. Surely if the same thing occurred, but only 2 years apart, the reaction would be totally different. As statistics say, a person is 9 times more likely to get into a car accident than a plane crash. Plus, car accidents happen every single day, yet it is still one of the integral modes of transport around the globe. I still have faith in all aircraft manufacturers. Flying is definitely the safest way of traveling.

10 Likes