Would you be interested in having an IF real world meet-up?

I am thinking of hosting a real-life IF meet-up, to meet other members of the IFC in real life and also spot and hang out. For now I would have to do it near my hometown, but in the future I could host one and somewhere else.
Would you be interested?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

If yes, could you come to the D.C. area, where I would host it? (Don’t freak out if you cannot, just tell me where you could come to and I will take that into consideration.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thanks guys, just want to see if anyone could do it.

1 Like

IF goes to the FSE for a reason…

2 Likes

I mean just more for hanging and planespotting. (Also because I never seem to be able to go to the FSE)

I guess maybe it would work

For example where would you like to host it at? at restaurant? a public place or where?

Dude just go on instagram and attend a spotting meet up. LAX is having one on the 28th. You can do IAD meetups, I’m sure theres a Washington spotters page.

1 Like

I live in Phoenix. I would love to do a meetup here but cannot travel to D.C atm.

1 Like

My accessible cities are London and Riga.

Hey Buddy, Their is no need to say that. If you can’t make it, don’t comment.

3 Likes

Speaking on past experience (Flight Sim Expo - Vegas), the RSVP thing on IFC didn’t work real well. Ten people were coming for brunch. Nobody showed up except 4 IFATCers. Perhaps try and put out a feeler as to who from IFC is from this area, seriously engaged and interested in a meetup like this and start a DM. Maybe start a DM conversation with the ‘yes’ people from your second question.

Baltimore Fleet week happens to be part of the same weekend as the Cosford Flight Sim meetup in October.I am planning on attending the Martin State (KMTN) Open House on at least good parts of 10/6 & 10/7 as part of that event.

If you plan on doing a meetup like this specifically for a group who are into IF, perhaps doing one at an event like this would be a good first step?

I also don’t know you, but I would discourage any sort of meetup where minors are present without their parent(s). Safety first.

Anyway, Good luck! If something does come out of this, feel free to send me a message. The people I have met from IFC/IFATC have all been amazing. The community is large part of what makes this sim what it is…

8 Likes

Go check out IF on Instagram and ppl in your area
No need to make this as there are many events irl

At an airport, of course. Lol idk

I will be there at the BWI Fleet week as well. I think now I am not going to try to have a meet-up, too many people discourage it.

If you host it in DC area you should have it at the national air and space museum

1 Like

Well, I live in Colorado, and I don’t really want to spend money, just to stay for a while, and I don’t really have too much money to get to D.C., I do like the idea, though.

Funny you mention this, I just mentioned to my wife doing this at some point.

1 Like

Glad you like my idea were you thinking of doing this in the first place

I think going regional meet ups would be awesome! Like those in the PNW meet up in SEA

1 Like

Thanks! I would like to do one but people tell me that there is no need to try.

JFK is best for me. I could do DC but it’s a far drive.

2 Likes