Would this break bows gear in real life

Would this break the nose landing gear in real life was landing the 717 in PHOG on the expert server and I think I touched down noes first ๐Ÿ˜

10 Likes

Probably would, that is if the V/S at landing was high, or either it would have bounced

Every plane would break like that :/

1 Like

Is there anyway I can check the V speed

1 Like

By using the HUD in replay mode.

Around -1300

1 Like

That sounds like a rather firm landing. I havenโ€™t tested it, but that could do it

By definition hard landing is about -400
The plane would have broken apart IRL with 1300

4 Likes

RIP lading gear ๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ•Š

1 Like

Dude if that was irl you wouldโ€™ve died, no part of the plane can handle that level of force.

1 Like

Flex Tape

Yeah that plane is gone

3 Likes

yeah that would break the aircraft apart, not just rip off the nose gear

1 Like

a butter landing is -1 so if you were looking for butter you where 1299 off

1300??? Thatโ€™s pretty unfortunate ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This is what I needed thx

1 Like

Just to bring a bit more seriousness back to the topic: No, a -1300fps wouldnโ€™t โ€œbreak the plane apartโ€ as some commented, but, landing solely on the front gear with such a v-speed might cause damage to the gear, and could probably require a hard landing check by maintenance to see if there has been damage or not.

It depends on the actual force applying to the gear though if there is actually damage and whether the landing will trigger a hard landing check or not.

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
Also warm welcome to the community @Dezzyflys016!

dudeโ€ฆ itโ€™s the 717

1 Like

but also food for thought, the 717 doesnt have much landing gear and room for it to collapse ifyk what i mean, even if it didnt cause the airplane to crash that sure as hell would be a collapsed front great. but since the 717 is so low, it would just slam the nose on the ground. the fuselage would crack at best.

Yeah I guess it was expected haha

1 Like