Would I overspeed at FL390 going 0.90M?

Would I overspeed in real life if I was flying on mach 0.90 mach at fl390 because I am not overspeeding in infinite flight?

It depends on the aircraft.

Some of our models in Infinite Flight have a more generous overspeed setting than in real life though.

9 Likes

Yes I am flying in the crj-700.

Ehrm, not overspeeding and going mach 0.90 with the CRJ7? I would love a screenshot of that.

11 Likes

Bigger planes like the 747/777 have a max speed of M 0.85 :) (in real life)

2 Likes

Note that I am flying at FL390

Well wait, which server/mode are you in, because you may not get the violation warning/ actual violation if you are on casual or solo, but you would be in the red tape I think unless you got some monster tail winds…

2 Likes

https://www.liveflightapp.com/?f=b4902364-22e1-4424-ba70-264b73cd9c4a&s=7e5dcd44-1fb5-49cc-bc2c-a9aab1f6a856 expert

1 Like

Not trying to be rude at all, but M0.90 is much too fast for the CRJ7. I’d be shocked if you weren’t overspeeding at that speed even at FL390. As you climb higher, the oferspeed limit actually decreases, so you’d probably definitely be overspeeding.

4 Likes

You should get an overspeed warning at that speed and altitude. Screenshot please :)

4 Likes

Yes I took a screenshot I just need to wait for my flight to end.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have asked him if that was the case.

2 Likes

Yep, you probably would have, sorry…

1 Like

Check this out. It has the recommended and max cruising speed of most aircraft in IF.

2 Likes

Sorry for the late response I had to do something.

See those red dots on your speed indicator? Those mark overspeed. You’re right below that, so somehow, you’re not overspeeding. If you get in that red area though, you will be.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll check on this.

2 Likes

Wow ok you are right on the limit…

That’s not OK…if you had a strong tailwind all of a sudden, you would get overspeed warnings galore.

Just a tip… the CRJ family should cruise at M0.75-M0.78

1 Like

Yeah I know. I was checking how fast I could go without overspeeding.

2 Likes

Yeah if you want to do that…go on casual server!

Otherwise you’ll earn yourself a week-long free vacation to the Training Server.

1 Like