Would anyone takeoff in this storm

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

9 Likes

That would of been one flight that I’ve missed. No way in h*ll I’m getting on that aircraft.

1 Like

I would totally take off in that landing may be a different story however…,oh who I’m I kidding I’d land in it to

1 Like

They should have just canceled the flight

No. I would ask to sleep in the airport bathrooms if that was the case… I don’t care if they are dirty.

1 Like

3 Likes

The flaperons and spoilers going crazy combined with the lightning flash on rotation would freak me out a bit lol

2 Likes

767 is a beast it can handle that.

1 Like

The flaperons are doing that cause the pilot is trying to counter the side winds. The spoliers were to extend the takeoff roll and to relive stress from rudder movments. These were skilled and the right pilots

1 Like

Think: Singapore airlines flight 006. The flight took off in a storm. We all know how well it went.

You sure? From Air Crash Investigations I heard it was a Typhoon.

Didn’t say what kind of storm. The point is, planes shouldn’t take off in a storm.

1 Like

No way the ac would’ve been given a release with that kinda weather here

Try flying near a thunderstorm and I promise you l, you will never fly in it. Ever.

I think the light planes and warbirds can’t takeoff at bad weather.

Exactly. Weight makes a difference in flyig in bad westher

Never. Lucky enough we don’t usually experience such extreme weather patterns in South Africa, but it would have delayed by about 15 minutes.

I’ve been on multiple aircraft that have taken off in adverse weather such as a snow storm and just as a tornado warning was issued for the airport area. It can get hella rough on climbout but for the most part aircraft are built to easily withstand a lot.