Worst Weather Flight

Ah, the lovely weather of this earth. Sometimes it’s perfect, other times it could get really bad.

What was your “worst weather” flight?

Mine was when I was flying from KLAX to KSFO using the CRJ. As I got to FL 300, winds reached a whopping 116 KTS. My plane was shaking and tilting as I tried to get to an altitude with better weather. If I were a passenger, I’d be scarred.

3 Likes

Toke off with 50kts winds.Felt like a reef blower was blowing my plane

5 Likes

I was doing a flight from Atlanta to Cincinnati in the A320 and the turbulence was awful my plane kept twisting and turning until it over corrected it self so I had to divert to Nashville.

1 Like

VHHH-KATL about a week ago. While over Michigan, I had winds at about 132 at FL 360 climbing to FL 410. (After Leveling off at FL 410, it became a 72kt tailwind)

1 Like

I have had 190 knot winds at cruise. Not fun.

3 Likes

Once I assumed that the weather at KLAX is clear skies with sea breeze as always. Turns out it was a 90 degree crosswind landing 20 knots gusting 30 something for 24R…

1 Like

I was at Gibraltar with 50KTS GUSTING 69KTS!!! @270!!! Must of been a winds aloft glitch!!

3 Likes

The entire U.S is currently experiencing Mod-Severe turbulence. Flying KABQ-KPSP with a 102kt headwind

1 Like

I was at PHX and the wind was 45 knots… On the ground. I have a picture for proof and it was pretty hard to taxi [and takeoff]…

1 Like

On training server, I was approaching San Fransisco Intl. when I descended into fog. I could not see farther than my aircraft.

1 Like

worst flight was last year, flew LAX-BOS in jetblue a321. While over DTW the weather turned on me and rocked my plane up and down to the point I was staling, but I was able to regain control. Again that problem happened so I diverted back to DTW until the weather subsided down.

Another time this happend was when I was flying from KDCA to KJFK, on final fog got heavy so I had to rely on a blind approach. I did land safely so :D

1 Like

I flew a flight from KPHX to KMSP in a SWA 738. The wind and turbulence was so bad when I reached my cruise, I had to divert to KDEN. Pretty sure that a bunch of those sick bags were full after the flight.

1 Like

Landed at EGLL once with 45 kts + 60 knot gusts! It was craaaaaaazzzzzy! Another time I landed with 20 knot gusts… in a 172

1 Like

I had 214 knot winds at cruise. The passengers didn’t leave their seats the entire flight.

2 Likes

My worst flight was from KJFK to EGLL with cruising winds of 144kt. I was flying a 747 and it was all over the place.

2 Likes

One time I had 248 knots of crosswind at FL380, in a 789. It can just fly trough that

2 Likes

After a long haul flight from KSFO and then landing in ultra foggy EGLL
Also with bad ATC on the T/S

1 Like

Halifax to CYUL. The winds where just to strong.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.