Worst weather experience.

Your worst weather experience you have ever had in IF

What has been your worst Weather experience you have ever had in IF.
It can either be when you were landing or taking off.
Has it effected your flying to the point where you have to divert to another airport.

Important info

This has to include where what happened, what type of weather was it including winds, visibility etc. Although weather glitches do not count.

My worst experience with weather was when I was flying through 80kn winds in between KLAX and YMML it was a bit windy but the good thing is i was in a 787-9.

Sorry if this is a duplicate topic.

3 Likes

My worst weather experience is when I was about land at KSAN and a sudden increase in gust crosswind caused me to having to go around.

3 Likes

My worst experience was trying to land an A380 (casual) in Corpus Christi during Hurricane Harvey.

4 Likes

You dare visit KSAN?!

2 Likes

I flew from KSJC! :O

6 Likes

Ok that’s good.

2 Likes

Well that’s a big surprise.

3 Likes

My worst wind conditions were when I was trying a SYD-LHR but winds were 147 knots!! I just diverted to sydney

4 Likes

147 knots! That’s insane and you didn’t divert. That’s crazy 😜

3 Likes

Inbound to Iceland, wind at 25, gusting at 38. Made it in one piece tho, coudnt get on centerline

3 Likes

I guess a pilots got to do what he has got to do

… I diverted.

1 Like

Can we add that weather glitches do not count… ie 300kt winds, etc.

2 Likes

Ok i will edit it now

Yeah, sometimes I like a challenge, and besides the wind direction was fairly directed towards me, so the crosswinds werent that bad.

I have added weather glitches do not count into the important info. Thanks for the heads up.

This could go well :)
8 Likes

My worst weather experience was landing in 75 knot winds,in heavy fog. APPR got disengaged in seconds.

2 Likes

Where was it did you eventually land it safely

No lol I crashed,because you do NOT land in a typhoon.

1 Like