Worst airline decisions ever!

This topic is for peoples’ opinions on worst decisions made by an airline.

I will start off by saying. Who remembers when British Airways removed the British Flag from their livery?! What even happened in their mind to make them want to do that in the first place. I think they must have taken a direct injury to the head after falling off Terminal 5 at Heathrow. Jeesh!

Has anyone got any other stories of bad choices?

20 Likes

British airways no longer serving free food

Flybe changing to ATR 72 (opt stobart air) from Dash 8 for the Manx route

Flybe no longer flying to Gatwick (We are forced to take easyjet which is always late.)

Edit: When I say easyJet is always late I am referring to the evening service to the Isle of Man from Gatwick. I am not judging easyJet as a whole from this one route I am simply stating a fact.

27 Likes

Qantas buying the A380, then after a few being delivered, realized that they’re too big for their routes anymore, and ended up cutting the order.

25 Likes

American picking the DC10 over the L1011.

19 Likes

British airways purchasing the a318 😂

18 Likes

And flying them to JFK

15 Likes

Ryanair making a company policy to scrape the wings against the runway every landing.

56 Likes

Have you any proof of this policy?

5 Likes

1st off chill its a joke… and here is your proof

27 Likes

But you can make a compilation of bad landings for any airline!

8 Likes

Not PIA. I saw a landing compilation for PIA and they were smooth

2 Likes

Sounds @joshua_smithley’s policy

5 Likes

http://pointmetotheplane.boardingarea.com/2016/10/24/cool-landing-klm-747-st-maarten/

R.I.P. KLM 747 at SXM ;-;

26 Likes

Emirates buying the so many A380s. They cant fill them up on half their routes. And their decision to fly them on regional flights like DXB-KWI. What are they thinking.

12 Likes

This isn’t true, my experience with easyJet has been quite a good one! My flight took off early and return was only delayed and diverted due to terrible weather at Gatwick

2 Likes

3/4 dont even look bad and only sound bad because of people’s crappy cellphone audio input.

2 Likes

No easyJet are good. But there evening flight from Gatwick to the Isle of Man is always late typically 15 mins but often over an hour. It is not a good service.

3 Likes

Pretty much every Ryanair accounting decision.

2 Likes

Getting rid of the US Airways livery. I miss them so much!

5 Likes

They should have had 321’s for the regionals

3 Likes