World Tour in the TBM: Week 3 Update

Been loving the TBM so far and since it has come out I have been on a world tour in it. I started out in KORL about when it came out and currently I am one my last couple of days flying through Africa. Below are all the legs I have done so far.

Around%20the%20World

The remaining legs are up through Morocco into Europe, From Europe into the Middle East, from there heading into the Indian Ocean up through the rest of Asia, on to Southeast Asia on to Australia then Island hopping in the Pacific and working my way through the US into Latin America before landing back at KORL. Should be another month or so until I get back. I will be updating this thread on a weekly basis to track the progress of the trip. Currently I have flown 16,000miles Just to and in Africa alone!

11 Likes

It’s pretty cool that we’re seeing the TBM used as much as it deserves! So many people are doing very cool flights with it.
Maybe I’ll try a multi-leg flight like this someday…

1 Like

Been doing around 3 flights a day for the last week. I enjoy the ability to island hop in it as nothing is better than approaching land after a long ocean flight.

5 Likes

HOWLY COW you’re flying to MBPV my favorite airport! I may have to join ya on that leg ;)

Good luck with the world tour!

1 Like

I have to suggest for you to visit KOLD in Maine at some point

Already flew there bud! That was my first stop lol. Flew it the day the TBM came out

1 Like

@anon2063420 What did you use to make your map?

Great Circle Mapper. You can enter either the IATA code or ICAO code

1 Like

I have just added 25 more flights to do on the tour. This will only get me to India but I will be stopping at some rarely used airports in IF that are edited. Stay tuned for the map update from next week!

http://www.gcmap.com

2 Likes

I was thinking about doing something like this! Have fun on your trip!

Didnt make as much progress as I wanted to this week. Lost a couple of days due to the Facebook security change but about done with my Europe portion of the tour.

Around%20the%20World

My current mileage count is up to 23,000 miles so Ive added 7,000 miles since my last update. Next plans are to finish up in Europe by the weekend then fly onto the Middle East.

2 Likes

Around%20the%20World

Week 3 has concluded on my Around the World tour in the TBM. SO far I have flown 28,000miles. More than the circumference of the Earth and the journey isnt even halfway over!!The Middle East portion is almost finished after visits in some lovely stops in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Iran, and Turkmenistan, with a couple of stops in Pakistan before working my way on down to the Arabian Sea and flying through the Indian subcontinent.

1 Like

I see there is tbm world tour. What time is thre flights and is there a link ?

Thanks for sharing, giving me some ideas.
How do you pick the airports you fly to?

This is not the thread for the FDS World tour this is my individual solo world tour

I tend to pick edited airports in destinations that are fresh and arent often visited. I also tend to select more fsr flung destinations to land at

2 Likes

Idea of St Helen is very cool, brand new airport.
Where can you know about freshly edited airport?

I have already visited St Helen. It was one of my first stops. I also check LiveFlight airport maps to see if they are edited

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.