World’s most ecological airport?

Check this! 👇

I personally think that all airports in the world should be like that. Having grass on the roof not only makes the air cleaner around the airport but also makes the airport more attractive. Also, the solar panels are a great way to supply the airport with electricity instead of using nuclear and fossil energy. Hopefully all airports around the world can try to be more eco-friendly!

7 Likes

I remember watching a video on an airport that runs solely on solar power energy.
Not necessarily ecological, but it’s a very environmental friendly airport.

1 Like

This one, because there’s no airliners… only props and gliders. (9N7)

1 Like

A lot of airports nowadays have grasslands and dedicated parks and stuff inside the terminal. Take Vancouver (CYVR) for example, they have a large area inside the terminal where fish live. It’s a sort of swamp-ish jungle biome. No I’m not refrencing to Minecraft.

7 Likes

Even though there are other airports like Cochin which are taking measures to be more eco-friendly, there are still a lot of airports which should take example from this. Hopefully this can spread the word!

1 Like

Do you guys know any other airports which are taking measures to be more eco-friendly?

1 Like

Galapagos airport.

2 Likes

cough cough PDX image cough cough

1 Like

When the airport is nothing but solar panels

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.